Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: Weightless Container, High-End Aug Chain, Gem Chisel

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    I'm pretty sure Lumi is Luminasa is Silverphenix. :-p
    Correct, sir.

Whatever happened to the Teleporting Painting/Portrait?

How does it work now after it got nerfed? (I heard it did, anyway).

Basically, I'm looking for a way into the Sands without having my spells stripped!
    Last edited by Danical; 10-21-2009 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danical View Post
    Whatever happened to the Teleporting Painting/Portrait?

How does it work now after it got nerfed? (I heard it did, anyway).

Basically, I'm looking for a way into the Sands without having my spells stripped!

Its still around, but it won't bypass that barrier, only works on the same limit as a gold ring, pretty much always has.

The only recent nerf (2+ years ago being recently) to it was you couldn't any longer put it in a disk for group travel.

~Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Lumi View Post
    Huh.

And I never said anything about you not deserving a chisel, but I question the fact that you're using AFK scripting as part of your rationale for how the chisel can be used to efficiently generate profits. If you weren't doing any of that AFK scripting, how much less would you have made with it? Pardon me for wanting to play by the rules.
    I got it from this quote after you quoted and bolded the AFK scripting comment the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumi View Post
    The bolded part is certainly one reason why I have a problem with your approach, and definitely why I don't think the chisels should be relegated to people who approach GS like automatons.
    To be more clear. I AFK scripted the purifying portion of the gem process. Chiseling is not purifying. And really doesn't count into the equation of how much you make with the chisel.

Chiseling takes all of three seconds a gem, assuming you heal each time.

You do not have to script it, and if you do script it, you do not have to be AFK. But I had multiple accounts, and I did one monotonous project through scripting, while I hunted on another guy. Make sense?

The chisel doesn't lose value or make less coins because you don't AFK script. It is just a matter of how much you use it.

An empath who doesn't have access to purifying for example would be the perfect person to own a chisel. Not a bard. They can make a 20% increase on gems, more quickly than a bard can make their % increase, whatever it is through purfiying.

BTW, does anyone know for sure if all the chisels are exactly the same? Or might they be different like the skinning knifes?

And I know at least two chisels changed hands within the last year or so I was in GS. One of them was altered, and selling cheaper than the one I had at the time. Like 75m in a shop or something. Veil iron maybe? Unless that one never sold, but at the least it was up for sale.
    Last edited by AestheticDeath; 10-22-2009 at 03:27 PM.

So . . . why do you have to heal?

You can't chisel past rank 1 or rank 2 injuries. Will it ever stack to a rank 3?
    Last edited by Danical; 10-22-2009 at 03:28 PM.

injured too much and you cant chisel
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

I believe the first chisel gives rank one wound. You can still chisel. After that it is kinda random when you get the second wound. As I know I chiseled sometimes ten gems before getting the second rank. At second rank I don't think you can use it until healed down again. And I cannot recall if it was just the wound or the scar, but I think it was just the wound, because I recall using herbs instead of a healer at some point. But I could be wrong.

And though it should not stack to three, you can get the super failure, which like cuts your finger off and gives a rank three, which means you have to heal. This failure destroys the gem and that blow up is what gives you the wound. It is a bleeder too if I recall correctly. But I could be totally wrong about all this because I have no memory.
    Last edited by AestheticDeath; 10-22-2009 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AestheticDeath View Post
    I got it from this quote after you quoted and bolded the AFK scripting comment the first time.
    Having a problem with your violation of scripting policy, and use thereof to validate the efficiency of a gem chisel, is a far cry from saying you don't deserve to have one. I'm assuming you paid for it and didn't steal it, after all.

To be more clear. I AFK scripted the purifying portion of the gem process.
    I was completely clear on this.

Chiseling is not purifying. And really doesn't count into the equation of how much you make with the chisel.
    Okay, this part really boggles my mind. How can you say that purifying doesn't count into the equation of how much you make with the chisel?

You chisel a 5k gem, you get a % increase based on that 5k value. You sing that gem up to 10k first, then chisel it, you get a % increase based on 10k. In what way does the purification beforehand not enhance the value of chiseling?

You do not have to script it, and if you do script it, you do not have to be AFK. But I had multiple accounts, and I did one monotonous project through scripting, while I hunted on another guy. Make sense?
    It's made sense since you first said it. I still don't see what's confusing about my standpoint, either. You're admitting you're AFK scripting, that's what I'm objecting to. If you got caught AFK scripting while using the chisel and they took it away, you think you'd have a leg to stand on to object?

You're using a policy violation to calculate the value of the chisel.

The chisel doesn't lose value or make less coins because you don't AFK script. It is just a matter of how much you use it.
    ...This makes no sense.

An empath who doesn't have access to purifying for example would be the perfect person to own a chisel. Not a bard. They can make a 20% increase on gems, more quickly than a bard can make their % increase, whatever it is through purfiying.
    Again, since chiseling a purified gem provides a greater increase in value than chiseling an impure gem, an empath who DID have access to a purifying bard would be better off with it.

Quote Originally Posted by AestheticDeath View Post
    I believe the first chisel gives rank one wound. You can still chisel. After that it is kinda random when you get the second wound. As I know I chiseled sometimes ten gems before getting the second rank. At second rank I don't think you can use it until healed down again. And I cannot recall if it was just the wound or the scar, but I think it was just the wound, because I recall using herbs instead of a healer at some point. But I could be wrong.

And though it should not stack to three, you can get the super failure, which like cuts your finger off and gives a rank three, which means you have to heal. This failure destroys the gem and that blow up is what gives you the wound. It is a bleeder too if I recall correctly. But I could be totally wrong about all this because I have no memory.
    I ask because I can just throw on Sigil of Determination and ignore all rank2 wounds.

If it doesn't give you RT, I could effectively blow through an entire bag in as fast a latency provides.

If it gives you a rank 3, well, then I'll have a problem.