Thread: Extreme lag when using Lich

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Extreme lag when using Lich

Hello friends,

I started playing again about a month ago. Since then, whenever using Stormfront + Lich, I'm experiencing some pretty gnarly lag that's starting to negatively impact my hunts. Sometimes it's definitely client-side, with stuttering/pauses when typing commands into the text prompt (but before hitting enter). Other times, there's a delay on new messages/strings coming into my screen. For instance, when running a ;go2 command, I'll see narost update my characters significantly faster than the text coming into the screen, with upwards of a 5 second delay before my client catches up. When entering commands, sometimes there's a significantly delay between it registering with the client and the result outputting to the Story terminal.

Here's my version.lic:
    Code:
    !>;version
    --- Lich: version active.
    Ruby version........: 2.6.6
    Ruby platform.......: i386-mingw32
    Ruby engine.........: ruby
    Lich version........: 5.2.1
    SQLite3 version.....: 1.4.2
    Gtk version.........: 3.24.24
    Cairo version.......: 1.17.4
    ;version Version....: 0.53

LICH_DIR............: C:/Users/Akaylas/Desktop/Lich5
    SCRIPT_DIR..........: C:/Users/Akaylas/Desktop/Lich5/scripts
    DATA_DIR............: C:/Users/Akaylas/Desktop/Lich5/data
    TEMP_DIR............: C:/Users/Akaylas/Desktop/Lich5/temp
    LOG_DIR.............: C:/Users/Akaylas/Desktop/Lich5/logs
    MAP_DIR.............: C:/Users/Akaylas/Desktop/Lich5/maps
    BACKUP_DIR..........: C:/Users/Akaylas/Desktop/Lich5/backup
    Ruby location.......: C:/Ruby4Lich5/bin/rubyw.exe

MapDB filename................: map-1640458453.json
    MapDB last modified...........: 2021-12-26 14:20:50 -0500
    gameobj-data last modified....: 2021-12-15 01:44:33 -0500
    spell-list last modified......: 2021-12-15 01:44:32 -0500

Running scripts.....: infomon, lnet, linktothefast, containers, uberbarv_d, uberspells, roomcreature, spellcaster, recolor, reverb, no-pronoun-links, sorter, rnum3, prettiernum, version
    Downstream hooks....: inventory_boxes_off, fix_gameobj_status, lnet-watch-forage, recolor_room_hook, no-pronoun-links, SLootGameObjWatcher, sorter, rnum3, prettynumber
    Upstream hooks......: inventory_boxes_toggle, infomon, alias-service, lnet, containers, #{Script.current.name}_upstream_hook, recolor_room_hook, reverb::upstream
    Current threads.....: 27
    I'm not running anything crazy, but I'm sometimes wrecked by 10+ seconds of lag while hunting, resulting in me being unable to defend myself. There's no clear correlation on when this happens or what. I'm on a pretty good Windows 10 PC with 8-core 3.6GHz, 16 GB ram; my CPU doesn't really go beyond 40% utilization and I don't really use more than 10gb of ram at a time. That being said, I should be able to run Gemstone + Lich with 500mb free and even a fraction of a single core. I can play lots of other games, both 3d-accelerated and not, fine with no lag, stuttering etc.

I'm pretty good with computers, so any suggestings on fixing, triaging or investigating this would be helpful. If it's helpful, I can post a video of a hunt and show what happens. tia~
    Last edited by Akaylas; 12-26-2021 at 08:32 PM.
    "Fleurs suddenly looks very uncomfortable and as if she were scrunching every muscle in her body all at once. A high-pitched squeal of gas being released erupts from behind her as a result, though thankfully it is short and scentless."