Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xenoblade chronicles X

Default Xenoblade chronicles X

Comes out tomorrow! I have a feeling the first few hours are going to suck. Lots of reviews say it takes a while to get into. Can't wait though.

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/xeno.../1900-6416322/

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/12/03...lores-oblivia/

The game previous to it had a lot of potential, but it just.. fell short unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    The game previous to it had a lot of potential, but it just.. fell short unfortunately.
    i will fight you

(but the ending was pretty dumb)

You didn't feel all of the skill upgrades were pretty marginal?

I don't remember the specifics of the battle system that much. I do remember Reyn Time!

So turns out this game sucks. I wish I could go back and spend time on destiny instead. Ugh

Blog Entries

What is wrong with it? How many hours in?
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

15 hours or so. Chapter 5.

1. The music is terrible. Really bad.

2. They put lvl 30+ mobs in areas where you're looking for lvl 11 mobs and if they see you, you're likely 1 shotted. It gets tiresome.

3. You have to read the manual. I haven't played a game where I had to read the manual in a long time.

4. I picked up an affinity quest and then tried to get a story quest, but you can only have 1 at a time. So, I had to finish this affinity quest before I got back to the story. This affinity quest required me to fetch items and to have my frontiernav probes gather items. Both of which are RNG. It took HOURS for my frontiernav to gather these items.

5. The menus are terrible. You can only sell 1 item at a time. Also, you buy a weapon for 10k and it can be sold for 100. Ridiculous. In order to pick up items from a dead mob you sometimes have to click confirm 3-6 times.

6. I don't care about the story or the characters. After a while I started skipping every single cut scene. At the start of every story mission , the gang gathers in the kitchen for a cut scene involving this 13 year old girl cooking you a meal.

7. The bosses.... Ugh. You're level 20 and you fight a level 19 boss that can constantly 1 shot you. You're fighting a giant boss that flies up into the area and comes down and if one of your part members is near, they're dead. Some of your attacks when activated cause your character to stand still for a period and attack. Good luck.

That's what I can recall sitting on my couch. I thought I'd put enough time into it to get the skells, but everything I read says they come around the 30 hour mark and they're expensive to upkeep. Plus when you get them you've explored 80% of the world already. I just don't care.

I'm sure I could keep going on about what I don't like if I wanted to. It looks good and has a giant world to explore. That's about it.
    Last edited by SHAFT; 12-15-2015 at 10:16 PM.

Blog Entries

I missed your reply. Thanks for writing that. I'm still quite tempted to pick the game up. I'm a sucker for gigantic open-world RPGs.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

That's the only good thing about it; the open world. Even that is bothersome though.

If you're into torture and abuse than have at it hoss.