Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avoiding the damned wind

Default Avoiding the damned wind

How many survival ranks are needed to avoid the weather in trace, as much as dying to wind rocks I'd like to avoid it in the future. Is it dependent on the area or flat amount of ranks/bonus?

Any insight is greatly appreciated
    [Roll result: 120 (open d100: 94) Penalties: 10]
    You crouch, sweep a leg at Master Footpad Truaz and connect!
    Master Footpad Truaz falls to the ground! You deftly regain your footing.

[You have 1 repetition(s) remaining.]

** A spike on your spiked ora leg greaves jabs into the Footpad Truaz! **
    ... 15 points of damage!
    Well aimed shot, punctures calf!
    The Footpad Truaz is stunned!
    Roundtime: 5 sec.

Blog Entries

I used to have 101 and never noticed it much. 602 cuts off the wind completely though.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Depends how long you stay out there, the skill and spell only help lengthen the time before the hits begin and probably the severity of them, though long enough and even those start getting ugly.

I have 202 ranks and if I get lengthy loss of power/internet or a game crash for awhile out there may start seeing some effects (so like half an hour). Longer with the spell I'm sure. If you are just hunting to fry and return probably 50-101 ranks would be fine if you kill quickly. Hell, if you use cast you may run out of mana before having an issue, depending on the swarms (Pinefar is likely the area you mean and mostly seems to have decent critter numbers so should be fine).

I'm not sure survival ranks completely protects you from the cold, I think it just delays the start of the cold hurting you. With 100 ranks of survival you would probably never notice it during the length of a typical hunt.

One thing to note, if you log out while out in the countryside, you will be more susceptible to the wind when you return. Log out when you in town or if you're on the trail, stop in a Roblar's and have a drink.
    everan

trouble is a friend of mine

Come one, come all!

Actually, that is one of the reasons I set it there and leave it open. Also, feel free to fog corpses from inside, the ice is annoying too (reason 2!)

good to know, especially the hunting tidbit. I tend to hang out in the barn outside of town near the zombies, but will refrain from that and rest in town. Guess I need to start adding some survival ranks to myself if I plan on hanging around mule for a while.
    [Roll result: 120 (open d100: 94) Penalties: 10]
    You crouch, sweep a leg at Master Footpad Truaz and connect!
    Master Footpad Truaz falls to the ground! You deftly regain your footing.

[You have 1 repetition(s) remaining.]

** A spike on your spiked ora leg greaves jabs into the Footpad Truaz! **
    ... 15 points of damage!
    Well aimed shot, punctures calf!
    The Footpad Truaz is stunned!
    Roundtime: 5 sec.

Quote Originally Posted by Enuch View Post
    good to know, especially the hunting tidbit. I tend to hang out in the barn outside of town near the zombies, but will refrain from that and rest in town. Guess I need to start adding some survival ranks to myself if I plan on hanging around mule for a while.
    If you want to rest outside of town, find a safe room with a fire pit and build a fire.
    PB: One day you'll need this number: 988.

Thank you for leaving it open - it is gorgeous and a really fun spot to explore and hang out. I remember happening upon it for the first time. What a surprise!

Welcome, glad you like it.

And I always forget the fireplaces are not just cosmetic since I skipped Pinefar and never really had weather issues. So build a fire in the great hall to speed the warmup, and it is a node.
    Last edited by Roblar; 03-22-2016 at 07:00 PM.