Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Round 1 of the Democrat debate.

Blog Entries

In any case, I'm glad I have you to formulate my arguments for me. It saves me time which could be better spent trolling lnet.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

2. Default

We must protect unchecked capitalism at all cost!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    Here is a similar meme on Snopes being fact cheecked and pretty much the taxation is spot on. Just because it's a meme doesn't make it untrue.
    Or true in this case. Doing business in Denmark has a bunch of issues but nobody actually pays 68% in taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorbird View Post
    Or true in this case. Doing business in Denmark has a bunch of issues but nobody actually pays 68% in taxes.
    Tax plus VAT plus additional fees is pretty damn close. Just like in the US most people pay around 48-50% or more of their income in taxs and fees. And since the Supreme Court decided that health insurance can be regulated like a tax, I would argue that it is now closer to 60-70% tax or so.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    Tax plus VAT plus additional fees is pretty damn close. Just like in the US most people pay around 48-50% or more of their income in taxs and fees. And since the Supreme Court decided that health insurance can be regulated like a tax, I would argue that it is now closer to 60-70% tax or so.
    Most people pay taxes! Three cheers for Obama for ending the welfare state! Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah!
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    Most people pay taxes! Three cheers for Obama for ending the welfare state! Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah!
    Troll harder.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

We're actually at a point now where most people don't pay taxes, except for like...general sales tax...

The future is bright, I'm sure.

Edit: before all the bullshit comes in, you know what I'm saying. I think back to when I was broke and first married with a kid....I paid taxes out of my paycheck every two weeks, but I got all of it back plus an "earned income credit" for my kid...so yes, I paid during the year, but I got back every dime I paid in plus a few K at the end of the year that came from....other taxpayers? I hated it, and moved past that as quickly as possible...I was also getting about $400 per month in food stamps and free medicaid for my kid during this time...I could very well be living very comfortably to this day on that largess, but I'm not built like that...I used it as intended, for about a year or so, and got the fuck off it as quickly as possible.
    Last edited by Thondalar; 10-24-2015 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thondalar View Post
    We're actually at a point now where most people don't pay taxes, except for like...general sales tax...
    Tell it to ~Rocktar~, man!
    Edit: before all the bullshit comes in, you know what I'm saying. I think back to when I was broke and first married with a kid....I paid taxes out of my paycheck every two weeks, but I got all of it back plus an "earned income credit" for my kid...so yes, I paid during the year, but I got back every dime I paid in plus a few K at the end of the year that came from....other taxpayers? I hated it, and moved past that as quickly as possible...I was also getting about $400 per month in food stamps and free medicaid for my kid during this time...I could very well be living very comfortably to this day on that largess, but I'm not built like that...I used it as intended, for about a year or so, and got the fuck off it as quickly as possible.
    As a fellow person who has been broke in their life (and I'm childless!) I find it extremely hard to believe all of these statements at the same time. I certainly would have liked 8k a year, yes, but would have that made me "very comfortable"? No.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

As a fellow person who has been broke in their life (and I'm childless!) I find it extremely hard to believe all of these statements at the same time. I certainly would have liked 8k a year, yes, but would have that made me "very comfortable"? No.
    Comfortable is quite the relative term. I can't assume what would make you comfortable, so in this case I'm using it to mean the three basics...shelter, food, clothing...along with cable TV, phone/internet, and a reasonable entertainment budget. That 8k is on top of whatever money you make at your job, and doesn't include free healthcare, which will obviously vary depending on individual need, but could easily tack on another grand or two annually just from average preventive care.

If you want more than that out of life, you need to do the things necessary to improve your situation. I think it is completely unreasonable to expect society, or government, to provide anything more than that for you.

wtf...totally KILLED that...I'm guessing no response from anyone, even Latrin, in 2 days should be my victory, but...I guess I just want to rub it in.