Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Continued DDOS Attacks

I am very appreciative for all the offers to donate to maintain the site. Truth is that hosting the site isn't particularly expensive and at this time funding isn't an issue that we have to be worried about. The issue with DDOS protection isn't the cost, it's anticipating how many resources the attacker has access to and getting the right protection against that.

But at any rate, I really do appreciate the fact that many people have extended offers to donate and help out.

No problem, Kranar, wish there was more we could do. Thanks for keeping up with the site and trying to stave off this asshole.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."

― Winston Churchill

“There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart's desire. The other is to gain it.”

― George Bernard Shaw

"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions"

"Hell is other people"

―Sartre (No Exit)

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kranar View Post
    So... once again the attacker initiated a DDOS attack against this website, and from what I gathered also attacked Lich as well.
    I don't think Lich was attacked this time. Or at least I didn't notice if it was, which is entirely possible since I haven't been paying much attention.

It has actually been pretty quiet since Lich was moved to a new server, which is about the same time that the link to vote for gemstone on topmudsites came off of the LNet greeting message... Perhaps the proper response to these attacks is to sustain the number 1 position on topmudsites until the attacks stop. That'll learn 'em!
    Get Lich - Vote for Gemstone (topmudsites.com)

Quote Originally Posted by Soulance View Post
    I'm with you. Never even really heard of it until it happened here. I thought they were talking about the revenge of Dos 6.22!
    I only know about them because they happend to me for a small period of time in 2012 while playing League of Legends, I have no idea how they managed to get my IP address but it changed a few times since then and what ever actions Riot took put a stop to it.

http://smelly-cat.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15346

if it's really Shkreli I wonder if any media outlets would run a story on it
    Last edited by Luftstreitkräfte; 10-13-2015 at 11:27 AM.
    Guro Inosanto - Filipino Martial Arts Demo at the Smithsonian
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKKZuS8c7rM

Send it in Luft, I'm sure Fox News would spin it into impending doom and somehow blame Obama for this.

I think they key is to figure out who Skhreli's online personality is through the DR forums, etc. I'm scanning through now..

lmfao found this pic.. I bet we could find tons of dirt on this guy.

Vanmar_Nonsense.jpg

http://smelly-cat.org/phpBB3/viewtop...4&hilit=vanmar

Looks like Vanmar (Skhreli?) also owned Jhime for a time

looks like Bubba promised Jhime back to the player that sold him for 8k at a simucon, and the char was owned by Vanmar at the time (but was permabanned)

Just posted that shit up on twitter @martinskhreli with the pic lmfao
    Last edited by Luftstreitkräfte; 10-13-2015 at 12:01 PM.
    Guro Inosanto - Filipino Martial Arts Demo at the Smithsonian
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKKZuS8c7rM

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    I don't see how they'd be able to trace it back to the instigator.
    There's your problem right there, what you want to do is backtrace it.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Martin Shkreli was *arrested for fraud* today...

http://money.cnn.com/2015/12/17/news...hp-toplead-dom

Pharmaceutical CEO Martin Shkreli, widely pilloried for jacking up the price of a drug used to treat AIDS patients, has been arrested on federal securities fraud charges, according to published reports.

The charges reportedly do not relate to Turing Pharmaceuticals, the company that raised the price of the drug Daraprim by more than 5,000%. Instead, they center on his time as CEO of Retrophin (RTRX), another biotech company that ousted him last year.

Retrophin has since sued him in federal court, seeking $65 million from him, accusing him of misusing the company's cash and stock. He has denied those charges.

Occasionally, karma works. Usually not, but sometimes.