Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hackers rule the world!!!

Default Hackers rule the world!!!

So yesterday, after getting out of work late for yet another day (fucking Israelis don't seem to understand proper procedure when uploading flat files to the mainframe, and flights keep getting delayed because of it) I went into a local coffee shop to grab a 10 o clock dinner, when what do I see, but the local coffee shop Wi-Fi has been hijacked by a dumbass kid who thinks he's all smart and the ultimate Hacker. Problem is, he tried to name the hijacked network Angolo's, so people who tried to connect wirelessly on their laptops would not check the spelling to see it wasn't Angelo's. Secondly, he was stupid enough to have a printer profile on this network that has his family's last name on it.

To make a long story short, he really wasn't able to get anything from my laptop other than files dealing with work, most of which are confidential, but wouldn't mean anything to someone who didn't understand them, but after calling him out on it in front of about 40 people, 8 or 9 of whom were using their laptops, we called the cops and did a little search of his PC before they arrived only to find he had at least 15 different credit cards stored in a text file, none of which were his. I also suggested that another person there accidentally "drop" his laptop and then step on the monitor trying to pick it up, which he did most beautifullly, even remembering to write down the exact contents of the text file for authorities to contact and review. He lives about 2 miles from my house, and I am in debate as to what course of action to take next, which include but are not restricted to:

1) Killing his cat by accidentally running it over with my car. (I assume he has a cat because his desktop has a picture of him holding a cat in a/his living room)
    2) Advising other kids in the local high school to beat the piss out of him, especially since 3 of those credit card numbers were in names of local high school boys that I know of, this is my current top option.
    3) Advising other kids in his high school to spread a rumor that he is not a heterosexual.
    4) Rally up people to ostracize his family for raising a fuck-up, hopefully leading up to a lawsuit that costs them house and home. (but this would take time and effort I don’t necessarily want to spend)

Any ideas? I want to ensure this kid and/or his family are fucked.
    TWTEP 4 life

You called the cops and did your job as the good citizen. Leave his cat (or whatever) alone for crying out loud. Any efforts to "make sure he gets fucked" would only make you as pathetic as he is.

Kia

Tamral... 2 & 3 is the most viable option IMO
    Spinne.

The hell?

What happened to the option of him getting shipped off to pound-you-in-the-ass federal prison?

He's under 18 Stanley. The penalties at his age for what he did are minimal. Absolutely not nearly enough. Thus it has to be ensured that the punishment fits the crime. He wants to steal credit card numbers, he needs to get a whipping. BAD.
    TWTEP 4 life

Then kill his cat

I'd do all the suggestions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkein View Post
    That is some weird shit.

So you broke his computer and now want to get him back more.

What are you going to do? Drive up to the high school and stop some random kids and be like "This kid i saw at this coffee store was trying to hack computers! He stole these credit card numbers! Tell other kids he's gay or beat him up."

No one's going to listen and/or care. No kid's going to risk getting suspended or kicked out of school to beat up some kid that someone else is angry at because he tried to get info off their computer.

Give me a break. I agree with Kia, doing any of this is just going to make you look pathetic.

10. Default

leave cats and gay people alone!

I don't know, I'd say you handled it pretty well so far, so just try to let it go. I know the justice system doesn't always work perfectly and rarely satisfies the victims, but if you retaliate things could just get worse.

but you can ignore me... mostly I'm just procrastinating.