Page 388 of 594 FirstFirst ... 288338378386387388389390398438488 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,880 of 5931

Thread: Things that made you smile today (Political Version)

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Good luck with that! The President wasn't even at that meeting nor did he know about it.

Regardless, please show me the indictment for this. Or does this prove collusion in your court of law?
    Wow

Just....wow.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Until Republicans like you start calling him out for doing things that are fundamentally toxic to democracy, they won't stop him.
    I thought Richard was a Democrat?

Wow

Just....wow.
    That's exactly what I said when you suggested someone can be tried for the same crime twice after being found not guilty if the prosecution could find more evidence

Until Republicans like you start calling him out for doing things that are fundamentally toxic to democracy, they won't stop him. And if we want to make this a baby steps thing- until Republicans like you stop criticizing the people who are trying to keep this from becoming normal, they won't stop protecting him. They're not afraid of him- they're afraid of you.

In other words- the thing that is damaging to our democracy isn't actually what he is doing. It's what the rest of your party isn't doing.

He doesn't have the power to make these things normal. The Republican voters do. And we need you all to start speaking up instead of looking the other way and criticizing the people who are trying to keep this country from turning into what he wants it to be.

I wish there were another way- I really do. But there isn't. We need you to take a stand against abuse of power- not against people who are trying to dispel lies and to raise the alarm over those abuses.
    Oh honey, there is nothing "normal" about the left. Trump is in power because it was a rejection against all the left has been trying to accomplish.

The fundamental transformation that progressivism intends to pose upon this country is SEVERELY worse than a President with a crappy personality. It will come down to a civil war eventually. See you at the battle lines.

The problem with soy4pk is that they spout out "facts" without any justification behind them. You're suppose to just accept that they are true.

Just like she did just now. Apparently the world is going to hell because Trump has an opinion of imprisonment of private citizens (even though she gives no factual support, so who knows what she is saying). Furthermore, the President can fire the FBI director and AG and can give pardons yet somehow this is bad.

Somehow Trump's opinion of the press is bad too. I mean look at her words and see how dumb she is. She's as much of a moron as Trump is.

Despite this, look at our country now. Our economy is better, taxes are less of a burden and peace talks have happened just to name a few. There is substantial progress despite the tantrums of the left.

So yes, Trump may be a moron but he is a smart one. I admire his leadership and ability to just get things done...despite a crappy personality.
    If you believe any of this then why can't you make your point without getting all emotional?

Why would we want the President to target his political opponents with law enforcement action? Especially seeing him defend convicted criminals who are his buddies. Look at HRC vs. Manafort of Brennan compared to Flynn.
    That's a legitimate concern, even if you disagree this is happening, it's legitimate for an American to have concerns about abuses of power.

Yes, trumps opinion of the press is bad. Many presidents and politicians share a bad opinion of the press. Trump is the only one who's used his bully pulpit to call 80% of the news FAKE news and also call it the enemy of the people. Granted, he didn't say all news was the enemy. Just basically all of it that challenges him. Why dismiss this the way you do?

Our economy is great, unemployment is low, taxes are lower but you have to balance that with the increase in debt, peace talks were a failure and may have done more harm than good like people said before trump went to Singapore.

On top of all that we've manage to incarcerate something like 500 kids with no accounting for how to reunite them with their parents. Legal or not, this was immoral as almost anything we've done as a country.

His lawyer did brah. I thought you all were super duper on top of everything.

Point is, show me the indictment here? Otherwise you have no point other than your own judgment that this somehow proves collusion.

Go back to your couch.
    What does an indictment have to do with trumps campaign colluding with Russians? We've all said collusion isn't in the criminal codes or statutes.

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Yes, trumps opinion of the press is bad. Many presidents and politicians share a bad opinion of the press. Trump is the only one who's used his bully pulpit to call 80% of the news FAKE news and also call it the enemy of the people. Granted, he didn't say all news was the enemy. Just basically all of it that challenges him. Why dismiss this the way you do?
    And Obama said Fox News was "destructive" to the country. But something tells me you don't give a shit about that

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    And Obama said Fox News was "destructive" to the country. But something tells me you don't give a shit about that
    I agree with that though the actual news they provide does it's level best to be journalists, the network is dominated by flagrantly partisan hacks like Pirro, Hannity, Ingraham etc...

As a network that matured under the direction of Roger Ailes they've done tremendous damage to the USA.

Will you answer the collusion question?
    Last edited by cwolff; 08-26-2018 at 02:20 PM.

If you believe any of this then why can't you make your point without getting all emotional?

Why would we want the President to target his political opponents with law enforcement action? Especially seeing him defend convicted criminals who are his buddies. Look at HRC vs. Manafort of Brennan compared to Flynn.
    That's a legitimate concern, even if you disagree this is happening, it's legitimate for an American to have concerns about abuses of power.

Our economy is great, unemployment is low, taxes are lower but you have to balance that with the increase in debt, peace talks were a failure and may have done more harm than good like people said before trump went to Singapore.

On top of all that we've manage to incarcerate something like 500 kids with no accounting for how to reunite them with their parents. Legal or not, this was immoral as almost anything we've done as a country.
    The POTUS has the authority to fire these people. Mueller's appointment is unconstitutional. You have no problem with that abuse of power because you are biased.

Please cite your 80% figure. This is exactly what I am talking about. You just pull random numbers out of the air or don't substantiate them. You think his opinion of the press is bad. I think his opinion is good. Apparently a President, in your eyes, cannot have opinions. I'd rather have a President speak his mind than play Game of Thrones.

You don't know if the peace talks were a failure...yet. That's just your opinion man. The fact of the matter is they happened and that's a great accomplishment on its own. We'll see what the end result is.

Don't care about your opinions of immorality. The left has no morals...and honestly, neither does the right. But that's a different topic of discussion...something I'd love to chat about if there was a religion sub-folder.

I agree with that though
    Whoa! You mean you agree with Obama when he attacks one of the only news networks that didn't spend 98% of the time kissing his ass?

But you're angry at Trump for doing the exact same thing?

It's almost like you're a...wait a minute...what's the word...I almost got it...

Oh yeah, a giant hypocritical partisan douche bag.