Page 424 of 424 FirstFirst ... 324374414422423424
Results 4,231 to 4,235 of 4235

Thread: Things that made you smile today (Political Version)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    So what can they do, man? I gotta have closure to this mystery.
    In a united Congress, they can completely remove him. They can also override vetos and they control the purse strings.

This isn't a united Congress though. Most they can do now is control the purse strings, but that sticks us into situations like we have now.

They can also cede Congressional authority to the President, which I think they've done a little too much of in the last hundred years.
    Last edited by Gelston; 01-11-2019 at 10:29 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    The Democrats in Congress have a mandate from the American voters to investigate Trump and hold him accountable to his multitude of crimes. Elections have consequences.
    Can you for just one day not be more stupid than you were the previous day you fucking hipster?
    Last edited by Methais; 01-12-2019 at 08:53 AM.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

3. Default

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., issued a sharp rebuke of Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa, on Monday, strongly suggesting he should consider looking for work outside of Congress after backlash over past statements on white supremacy and white nationalism reached critical mass.

"There is no place in the Republican Party, the Congress, or the country for an ideology of racial supremacy of any kind. I have no tolerance for such positions and those who espouse these views are not supporters of American ideals and freedoms. Rep. King’s statements are unwelcome and unworthy of his elected position. If he doesn’t understand why ‘white supremacy’ is offensive, he should find another line of work," McConnell said in a statement shared with the Washington Examiner.

4. Default

House Republican leaders removed Representative Steve King of Iowa from the Judiciary and Agriculture Committees on Monday night as the party officials scrambled to appear tough on racism and contain damage from comments Mr. King made to The New York Times questioning why white supremacy is considered offensive.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/14/u...committee.html

House Republican leaders removed Representative Steve King of Iowa from the Judiciary and Agriculture Committees on Monday night as the party officials scrambled to appear tough on racism and contain damage from comments Mr. King made to The New York Times questioning why white supremacy is considered offensive.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/14/u...committee.html
    An example of why the NYTimes is a DNC joke
    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk aka The Creepy Sponge View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.