Page 318 of 320 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318319320 LastLast
Results 3,171 to 3,180 of 3192

Thread: Things that made you smile today (Political Version)

  1. #3171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    If you believe that court decision settle law then you are sorely mistaken. Also, courts have been wrong plenty of times. Even the Supreme Court is and has been wrong. I would tell you to stop being retarded but then again, it's you.
    It appears we are having a miscommunication on the definition of "settled". It does not mean "permanently and in perpetuity forever". That would be silly. It means the current established law of the land, as opposed to hypothetical debates.

    I was right about what the Supreme Court would say: that banning immigration from majority Muslim nations would be basically okay (2nd order) UNLESS minority religions from those countries were favored (1st order).

    As I recall you didn't predict either way what would happen, so I can't say if you were wrong then.

    But you're definitely wrong now.

    The law is the law. It has been wrong in the past, and will be wrong in the future. But it is still the law, not a liberal dopamine conspiracy.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

  2. #3172
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In amazement
    Posts
    2,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    Briefly returning to Methais' comments, I feel a whole h#ck of a lot safer around the Muslims near me than I would around you, ~Rocktar~, personally. This isn't even a hypno lactation thing, this is just a you're an angry, bitter person thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    . . . not a liberal dopamine conspiracy.
    You know, you made a comment about how you thought I was a angry and bitter person and yet you are the one that continually brings up things you think will get a rise out of me from the past. It must be sad to live a life being so petty and small as to resort to this kind of behavior. It is just a symptom of your poor self esteem that you must go through such mental gymnastics, verbal diarrhea and twist meanings and circumstances to such a limited scope in order for you to justify how you are right in your own mind. Even Warriorturd has gotten past his adventures in borderline criminal cyber stalking to move on, yet you, when faced with the facts drops back to this petty childish behavior.

    You lie to yourself calling yourself a conservative yet promote and promulgate ideas that are anything but. You go through some of the most extreme mental flights of fancy and then call them logic to lie to yourself about being right and to justify your position. And lastly, you quickly fall back to petty, spiteful and mean little jabs when you are losing arguments with others. I can only imagine how small, weak and powerless you feel in your every day life.

    I hope that one day you get help and find some peace. And remember, the Goddess loves you even if you don't love yourself.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

  3. #3173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    You know, you made a comment about how you thought I was a angry and bitter person and yet you are the one that continually brings up things you think will get a rise out of me from the past.
    I specifically said it WASN'T because of that.
    You lie to yourself calling yourself a conservative yet promote and promulgate ideas that are anything but.
    I have never once called myself a conservative.
    You go through some of the most extreme mental flights of fancy and then call them logic to lie to yourself about being right and to justify your position.
    Nor do I call anything I post logic. I have been explicit many times, including this thread, about the critical distinction between empiricism and logic.

    .

    And once more for old time's sake:

    I said how the courts would rule in Nov 2016.
    They ruled exactly as I said they would.
    I was right.
    Get over it.
    Or don't, because I'm still not tired of reiterating how right I was.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

  4. #3174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    You know, you made a comment about how you thought I was a angry and bitter person and yet you are the one that continually brings up things you think will get a rise out of me from the past. It must be sad to live a life being so petty and small as to resort to this kind of behavior. It is just a symptom of your poor self esteem that you must go through such mental gymnastics, verbal diarrhea and twist meanings and circumstances to such a limited scope in order for you to justify how you are right in your own mind. Even Warriorturd has gotten past his adventures in borderline criminal cyber stalking to move on, yet you, when faced with the facts drops back to this petty childish behavior.

    You lie to yourself calling yourself a conservative yet promote and promulgate ideas that are anything but. You go through some of the most extreme mental flights of fancy and then call them logic to lie to yourself about being right and to justify your position. And lastly, you quickly fall back to petty, spiteful and mean little jabs when you are losing arguments with others. I can only imagine how small, weak and powerless you feel in your every day life.

    I hope that one day you get help and find some peace. And remember, the Goddess loves you even if you don't love yourself.

  5. #3175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    I specifically said it WASN'T because of that.I have never once called myself a conservative.Nor do I call anything I post logic. I have been explicit many times, including this thread, about the critical distinction between empiricism and logic.

    .

    And once more for old time's sake:

    I said how the courts would rule in Nov 2016.
    They ruled exactly as I said they would.
    I was right.
    Get over it.
    Or don't, because I'm still not tired of reiterating how right I was.
    Would you say that you're not tired of winning?

  6. #3176
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    A Corporate Republic
    Posts
    8,703

    Default

    another time4fun free day here at the pc. Life is good.

  7. #3177

    Default

    The party's over: Republicans and Democrats are both finished The party's over: Republicans and Democrats are both finished

    Stick a fork in the Democrats and Republicans.

    Wednesday night's latest round of deal making between President Donald Trump and Democratic congressional leaders is the latest evidence that the major political parties have lost all semblance of real power.

    Never before have we seen the leadership of both major political parties so humbled. That power vacuum is currently enabling the president to act without any loyalty to his own party, while working with whomever he pleases on whatever issues he wants.

    It's why we have a Republican congressional leadership, headlined by a Senate Majority Leader with an 18 percent approval rating in his own home state, that could not deliver on its party's seven-year-long promises to repeal and replace Obamacare.

    And it's why the Democratic Party is getting more and more embarrassed as its highly-experienced-but-failed 2016 presidential nominee continues to weaken the brand by going on a national tour blaming everyone else for her election loss.

    None of the above would have been possible before then-candidate Trump eviscerated a crowded field of 16 more experienced GOP regulars in the 2016 primaries. It wouldn't be possible before Senator Bernie Sanders, an independent who only registered as a Democrat months before the primaries, came extremely close to upsetting long-held party plans to nominate Hillary Clinton. (Now that same Senator Sanders is leading a march away from Democratic Party orthodoxy and fully advocating single payer health care, with a third of the Democrats in the Senate happily marching away with him.)

    https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/14/trum...-finished.html

    Besides the absolute entertaining triggering that I KNEW would develop if Trump won, this was the other reason I voted for him.

    Fuck the Democrats.

    Fuck the Republicans.
    Last edited by Parkbandit; 09-17-2017 at 07:56 AM.

  8. #3178

    Default

    I bet this caused an insane amount of triggering.

    Last edited by Methais; 09-17-2017 at 12:40 PM.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

    Methais highlights & sound configs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6l4kyu7gqm...thais.rar?dl=0
    Methais sounds: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kajxe7wbgr...ounds.rar?dl=0

  9. #3179
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In amazement
    Posts
    2,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I bet this caused an insane amount of triggering.

    I love that video. Probably the best and clearest explanation of immigration and poverty.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

  10. #3180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    The party's over: Republicans and Democrats are both finished The party's over: Republicans and Democrats are both finished

    Stick a fork in the Democrats and Republicans.

    Wednesday night's latest round of deal making between President Donald Trump and Democratic congressional leaders is the latest evidence that the major political parties have lost all semblance of real power.

    Never before have we seen the leadership of both major political parties so humbled. That power vacuum is currently enabling the president to act without any loyalty to his own party, while working with whomever he pleases on whatever issues he wants.

    It's why we have a Republican congressional leadership, headlined by a Senate Majority Leader with an 18 percent approval rating in his own home state, that could not deliver on its party's seven-year-long promises to repeal and replace Obamacare.

    And it's why the Democratic Party is getting more and more embarrassed as its highly-experienced-but-failed 2016 presidential nominee continues to weaken the brand by going on a national tour blaming everyone else for her election loss.

    None of the above would have been possible before then-candidate Trump eviscerated a crowded field of 16 more experienced GOP regulars in the 2016 primaries. It wouldn't be possible before Senator Bernie Sanders, an independent who only registered as a Democrat months before the primaries, came extremely close to upsetting long-held party plans to nominate Hillary Clinton. (Now that same Senator Sanders is leading a march away from Democratic Party orthodoxy and fully advocating single payer health care, with a third of the Democrats in the Senate happily marching away with him.)

    https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/14/trum...-finished.html

    Besides the absolute entertaining triggering that I KNEW would develop if Trump won, this was the other reason I voted for him.

    Fuck the Democrats.

    Fuck the Republicans.
    You voted for drain the swamp and Obamacare repeal. This is a matter of public record.
    President Trump has given you the opposite of both. This is also a matter of public record.
    It's hard to admit that you got hoodwinked, so you invent a new reason: that he would (somehow) kill off the two major political parties.

    Let's be clear. President Trump is not governing as an independent. He's governing as a schmuck. The deal he struck with Democratic leadership didn't weaken the parties, it weakened him, because Congressional Democrats got everything they wanted without having to concede anything. He didn't hold their feet to the fire to build that wall. He didn't force them to give up on DACA. He didn't get an extended debt ceiling. He got literally nothing from the deal except a pat on the chest from Chuck Schumer.

    That's your guy.

    Gets a pat on the chest from a four term Senator and gives him anything he wants.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •