Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lnet Not Working

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GSBree View Post
    Tillman,

I too am having the lnet connection problem. Character name Dagor.

Obviously I do not recall how to use lich...

Bree
    I'm going to guess that you're using a very old version of lnet that's attempting to connect to a server that doesn't exist anymore. You can update to a recent version of Lich using the instructions on the website, or just download the repoistory script from
    https://lichproject.org/download/repository.lic
    and put it in your scripts folder and use it to download lnet.
    Get Lich - Vote for Gemstone (topmudsites.com)

2. Default On wrong server

Quote Originally Posted by Tillmen View Post
    I'm going to guess that you're using a very old version of lnet that's attempting to connect to a server that doesn't exist anymore. You can update to a recent version of Lich using the instructions on the website, or just download the repoistory script from
    https://lichproject.org/download/repository.lic
    and put it in your scripts folder and use it to download lnet.
    Apologies Tillman as I am absolutely certain this is MY ignorance. I tried creating a script in StormFront and pasting the script in there but?

It did not work.

Could I get a bit more direction please?

Dagor/Bree

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GSBree View Post
    Apologies Tillman as I am absolutely certain this is MY ignorance. I tried creating a script in StormFront and pasting the script in there but?

It did not work.

Could I get a bit more direction please?

Dagor/Bree
    All you need to do is right-click on the link, select save as (or something like that depending on your browser) and then select your Lich script folder as the place to save it. If you're not sure where your Lich script folder is, you can type this in game and it will tell you:
    ;e echo $script_dir

After it's downloaded, you should be able to:
    ;repository download lnet

And then you can either log out and back in, or just kill and restart lnet like this:
    ;k lnet
    ;lnet

4. Default

Tillan,

I must be sleepy. Got it. Fixed it.

Thank you.

Dagor/GSBree

Getting the same error again -- and this time I was not messing with anything odd or trying to connect to the repo from an outdated program.

Maestor, and Blaestar

[lnet: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. - connect(2) for "lnet.lichproject.org" port 7155]
    lnet:96:in `initialize'
    lnet:96:in `open'
    [repository: error connecting to server: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. - connect(2) for "repo.lichproject.org" port 7157]
    [lnet: NilClass is not a valid input stream. It must walk
    like either a String, an IO, or a Source.]
    --- Lich: repository has exited.
    C:/Ruby21-x64/lib/ruby/2.1.0/rexml/source.rb:22:in `create_from'
    C:/Ruby21-x64/lib/ruby/2.1.0/rexml/parsers/baseparser.rb:128:in `stream='
    [lnet: connection lost]
    [lnet: waiting 278 seconds before trying to reconnect...]

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzle View Post
    Getting the same error again -- and this time I was not messing with anything odd or trying to connect to the repo from an outdated program.
    Doesn't look like the server is ignoring you this time. Might be a firewall or random internet failure.

7. Default

This is the same problem I am having -- Augierose/Augienna/Augustinia

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Augierose View Post
    This is the same problem I am having -- Augierose/Augienna/Augustinia
    Should be fixed now.

An application with the user agent "Microsoft Office Protocol Discovery" sent an HTTP request using the OPTIONS method to ps.lichproject.org from your IP. This appears to be Microsoft Office checking to see if the server supports WebDAV, or something. While asking a web server for options sounds innocent enough, it's actually not a normal thing. This is the first time it has happened to my web server that wasn't someone looking for a way to exploit it. Anyhow, I changed it so if it happens again it'll just reject the request without banning the IP. So you should be good unless your word processor decides to do some other crazy thing that a word processor shouldn't do.

9. Default

Resurrecting this old thread. I'm having this same issue running Lich5.6.2 on Mac/Parallels/Windows10. Tried all the usual remedies. Any suggestion?