Thread: Post of the year candidates

Default Post of the year candidates

Submitted for your approval, from RROY, wizard folder in the 'productive conversation' thread, post #1122.
    http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...ards/view/1112

I only use lich to get to the hunt and ;useherbs as far as combat goes, I'm with ya on being in control of whats going on. I use my own short short scripts and macros and even those are not really honed down to perfection yet.

My scripts are mostly to save the amount I have to type rather than trying to automate too much. Stow left .l, drop left .dl. get xxx g. xxx, .diskme casts disk on me or on another if I put a name. .disk picks something up and puts it in my disk, that type of thing. I have a lot of work yet to get my setup done.

As I'm unlikely to convert to warmage I don't have any skin in that game, I was just trying to point out what might be the reason Simu wants to nerf it.

RapidFire, I'm nervous about the cooldown, BUT extremely pleased about them removing its auto prep ability. That gives me easier ability to capitalize on a knockdown by casting a harder bolt, casting a knockdown or incapacitating when I feel threatened, switching to a CS based attack if the critter stances up or turtles, and etc.... much easier and cheaper than now. You mentioned not liking seeing something taken away with nothing in return, well the removal of auto prep is something useful in my view.

As I said earlier, I'm pretty sure the GMs are going to stick to their guns, the almost always have even when facing a lot more flack then they are getting now.

Not that its been that bad, but if I were a GM coding anything for Gemstone I'd avoid posting or viewing anything regarding what I coded unless it was pre-screened for politeness and insults. If I read some of this conversation I'm not sure I wouldn't return tit for tat and thus get fired.

The GMs left off posting while quoting a post that apparently hurt. I'm very outspoken and hyper prone to stick up for myself regardless of the consequences. I was falsely accused of racism when a supervisor meanwhile I didn't get fired because others heard the heated discussion. The person was a minority, but not black, when I got called into Human Resources and I fully expected to be fired I told the HR director it would be pretty funny being accused of racism when my GF at the time was black. So I'm a live and let live person, but the person who falsely accused me tried to get me fired, well thats open season. I dug up the dirt which proved they were cheating on their Taxes and under reporting income to avoid getting their SS cut. I wrote them a letter explaining how they tried to get me fired with a lie, but I would use the truth to return the favor in causing a problem. I told my boss about the letter before I mailed it and he said just turn them in quietly, I said NO I want them to know exactly whats wut. They quit, I won, and I did not turn them in. Heh heh Not many survive racism accusations....

What the GMs requested was suggestions on what would be needed in place of the spells for when they are on cool downs. All the rest of the stuff is ether moot or drama, and neither of those are going to change the cool downs going in.

Just an elf about town...

Sean?

hyper prone
    This is my favorite coinage since "you didn't say it but I know you were thinking it".
    I told the HR director it would be pretty funny being accused of racism when my GF at the time was black.
    I laughed because crying is messier.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

I'm not racist, I see black people all the time walking towards me, on my side of the street, and I do NOT cross to the other side.

Holy fuck.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."

― Winston Churchill

“There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart's desire. The other is to gain it.”

― George Bernard Shaw

"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions"

"Hell is other people"

―Sartre (No Exit)

rroy posts are low-hanging fruit

Yeah, RROY is pretty much a fucktard.