Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Expansion Announcment!

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Pretty much. The herb garden churns out herbs, the mine creates ore, and the barn allows you create feasts (bypassing the cooking profession entirely) OR leather OR fur AND allowed collection of the crafting resource that served as the primary gate to upgrades before 6.2. The profession buildings themselves let you create crafted items even without the required skill. For example, you can use the ore you gathered from your mine with 0 mining skill to create intro raid items at a blacksmith with 0 BS skill - the only thing you can't do is create the items which allow you to upgrade ilvl.
    What. The. Fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    The days of mining ore at the start of an expansion to sell on the AH are over. Made a lot of gold doing that.
    Just like in real life, gathering is left to the peons! It's definitely a good source of gold, but once you have enough to buy up the materials, it's a lot easier to profit from crafting instead of scavenging. Sounds like garrisons have Shangai'd my crafting factory and even the few gatherers, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Yeah, and it sucks that's gone. I didn't need to go out and look for stuff, I made more than enough tooling around in my garrison to keep full production queues. Even leveling an alt I'd just bypass nodes. I think full stacks of 200 ore were going for 50 gold on my server, that's how saturated the crafting market was.

Really, REALLY hoping they'll change it back to something more Mists-like.
    How? Just blow up garrisons, either removing them or not updating them or the things they can produce? Seems like a pretty big thing to go back on now, but I haven't played, so can't say for sure.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    How? Just blow up garrisons, either removing them or not updating them or the things they can produce? Seems like a pretty big thing to go back on now, but I haven't played, so can't say for sure.
    The garrisons are physically on Draenor, so Blizz could probably just revert professions back to what they used to be like. I haven't seen any mention of them being in Legion.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.