Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Downloaded Windows 10, Lich no longer working

1. Default Downloaded Windows 10, Lich no longer working

Ok, so 2 nights ago, I downloaded Windows 10. I was upgrading from 8 (hated it!).

I cannot get the lich to work. Here is the error message Im getting.
    2015-07-31.jpg

I deleted all files (ruby and lich and SGE) and then went back and re-downloaded everything in the hopes that it would work. I've got others on the FB page saying lich works just fine with their updated windows 10 machines.

I dont know if this has anything to do with it, but I thought I'd throw in as much info as possible. This used to just say lich.rbw, and this is what it looks like now:
    lich.jpg

I am not up to date on anything tech related, all that went like dust in the wind when I had children, but Im a quick study and so I would appreciate some help or some points in the right direction

Thanks!
    Angy

Open Lich, go to Link and click Link to SGE and Link to Website.
    ~ Peppwyn

3. Default

If you mean the "lich" folder on my computer, there is nothing there that says "link'.

No, I mean run the lich.rbw ...
    ~ Peppwyn

5. Default

Right....that's the problem. I'ts not working. I should be more clear, that's already done, that's why I thought you meant something else. Let me show you what I have.

2015-07-31.jpg
    Last edited by Angylisis; 07-31-2015 at 02:05 PM.

Oh hmm, I didn't see you couldn't even open the lich.rbw. When I was running it, I made sure to associate the lich.rbw with the rubyw.exe found in the ruby directory. Maybe that will help at least launch lich?
    ~ Peppwyn

Don't try and go in to the game, just bring up the Lich login interface.
    ~ Peppwyn

8. Default

Ok, maybe Im being completely dense and not clear at all. I can open lich, and click on quick game entry, click on my char and then I get the error message I posted in the first post.

9. Default

Yes, I can bring up the login interface.

Are you sure you installed the correct version of Ruby? There are several available and only one of them is correct.

I had some trouble getting SGETask to work in Windows 10, but I found an annoying workaround (it's tolerable). Lich on the other hand.. had issues downloading the map database, but I just didn't give it long enough. It fixed itself. The DOS prompts Lich installation opens also were very slow to show that they were doing anything, but it did work.