Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HSN: Unarmed Combat RT Adjustments

Default HSN: Unarmed Combat RT Adjustments

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...uncements/view

Quote Originally Posted by Finros
    The base speeds (minimum RT) of some unarmed attacks have been revised downward. Jab has been reduced from 3 to 2, grapple from 4 to 3, and kick from 5 to 4. Punch and smite remain at 3 and 4, respectively.

This message was originally posted in Hunting and Combat, Unarmed Combat. To discuss the above, follow the link below.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

2. Default

Nice!

Not really addressing the heart of the problems with monks, but should help. Going to make any rogue question why they aren't using UAC I would imagine. How effective is a jab from hiding?
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Wait, smite is a monk attack?

No

Well a rogue would still want to punch from hiding or now maybe grapple since it has nice location specific effects.

I don't think there's any point to jabbing from hiding though since the initial punch from hiding gets you to good and the second attack from hiding would be at excellent, jab doesn't get it done any quicker and it likely won't ever stun/knockdown something. Maybe up hunting?

Quote Originally Posted by Aluvius View Post
    Well a rogue would still want to punch from hiding or now maybe grapple since it has nice location specific effects.

I don't think there's any point to jabbing from hiding though since the initial punch from hiding gets you to good and the second attack from hiding would be at excellent, jab doesn't get it done any quicker and it likely won't ever stun/knockdown something. Maybe up hunting?
    Most rogues (or rangers) I see use UAC from hiding are mostly one-shot killing. There's no "get you to good", only "get you to dead."
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

8. Default

Jab is useless for up hunting.

jab is exclusively for fast tiering up, you're trying to hurt something with it you're gonna have a bad time. It is literally impossible to kill something with jab, outside of a flare activation. It doesn't even have death crits in its table, at all.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Most rogues (or rangers) I see use UAC from hiding are mostly one-shot killing. There's no "get you to good", only "get you to dead."
    How does one one-shot kill using UAC?
    ~ Peppwyn