Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: the Shannara Chronicles

ive never heard of these books , but MTV has put out a few good dramas lately . Like Teen Wolf annd even that Scream TV series is pretty good . they trailer fer this show looks awesome but like i said i know nothing about the story . guess ill be watching it with fresh eyes
    I started out with nothing , and I still have most of it left !

On the 2nd episode. Pretty sweet so far.

3. Default

I liked the show. It had some stumbles and like any fantasy it takes 3 episodes to heat up, but I'm glad season 2 is confirmed!

4. Default

Was a fan of the books as a kid. Tried watching it, had to turn it off 15 minutes in it was so painfully stupid.

5. Default

I couldn't manage to read them. They were always at used book stores, but the writing was never exceptionally adult and seemed like fan fiction. The show isn't Game of Thrones or Lord of the Rings. It is kind of a mix of Xena: Warrior Princess with high production values and those shows were popular for 6-8 seasons each.

Quote Originally Posted by zennsunni View Post
    Was a fan of the books as a kid. Tried watching it, had to turn it off 15 minutes in it was so painfully stupid.
    This is probably one of those cases where I'm fortunate I didn't read the books first. I'm not saying it's on the level of GOT, but it's a pretty good story so far. The acting is decent, albeit a bit melodramatic at times.

The demons have a vaguely Constantine quality about them. Not bad.

Blog Entries

Watched the first episode. Reminded me of Twilight with elves mixed with the camp of Hecules/Xena. Maybe if I liked or read a bunch of the books I'd be more into it, but this is taking away time I could spend watching Marco Polo.

Plus Allanon's stupid haircut, goddamn.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

The books were fluff. This is too. If you approach it with that mindset it is much better.

Blog Entries

I saw the first few episodes then lost interest. Maybe I wouldn't have done so if I'd read the books though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow