Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: the Shannara Chronicles

1. Default the Shannara Chronicles

2. Default

I have to say I am pretty impressed by what I'm seeing. Wonder how much MTV is spending per episode.

3. Default

Special effects look awesome. Not too keen on the casting choices. And it has been forever since I read any of the books, but I cannot recall anything from the present world, like skyscrapers. I thought it was all in the past or an alternate universe or something. I will have to go find a wiki or something and refresh myself on the series.

4. Default

I had no idea this was coming out. I am looking forward to when the weapon master comes out and the League of Legends players accuse them of stealing a character from their favorite game.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Devellaro View Post
    Special effects look awesome. Not too keen on the casting choices. And it has been forever since I read any of the books, but I cannot recall anything from the present world, like skyscrapers. I thought it was all in the past or an alternate universe or something. I will have to go find a wiki or something and refresh myself on the series.
    Basically from what I remember is the prior world was much like ours in todays times and their was a massive nuclear/chemical war. All this takes place thousands of years afterwards.

I started reading these in the 5th grade and still have the whole series, can't help but be excited for this.
    [LNet]-GSIV:Nitefallz: "wait whats a poop sock"

[Merchant]-GSIV:Skoll: "Some say the customer is always right, some say the customer is a bitch ass loser and needs to shut up"

[Private]-GSIV:Warclaidh: "what is booty percs"

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cereal Killer View Post
    I had no idea this was coming out. I am looking forward to when the weapon master comes out and the League of Legends players accuse them of stealing a character from their favorite game.
    They're starting with the 2nd book so I don't know if Garet Jax will make an appearance any time soon. Would love to see him the, he's the epitome of badassery. Looking forward to seeing Stee Jans of the Free Corps.

Interestingly enough there are fan theories that Jans and Jax are the same person.
    Last edited by Androidpk; 07-15-2015 at 11:14 PM.

Blog Entries

I never really got into the Shannanarama series. I read one of them in middle school but Allanon was kind of a boring character.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

9. Default

For some reason I have the lingering image of Allanon being a creepy pedo or something lol. He was the all powerful druid though or something right?

And Garret Jax, I had assumed the one dude Manu Bennett I saw in the preview was him. He seems to play a lot of bad ass guys in shows/movies. Just another overused person though.

Especially for something big like this. I would LOVE to see new faces, someone I don't have a preconceived image of from other series.

10. Default

Sounds like Manu was cast for Allanon, who yes, is the druid.