Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: the Shannara Chronicles

1. Default

As for this season it seems like they're pulling material from Sword of Shannara, Wishsong of Shannara and possibly the Heritage series.

2. Default

I was sort of excited when I found out Garet Jax was going to be a character on the show but now I'm wishing they didn't add him as they've completely mangled his character.

Is this show actually any good? My fiancee and I were excited until we realized it was on MTV and assumed that, like the CW, they're capable of taking anything awesome and making it into millennial high-school drama-llama hour.
    You slap Walkar's cheek, hard.
    He continues, "I've decided that I'm not going to let you serve community service, so don't get your hopes up. To this aim, you may either pay the fine of 50000000 silvers plus any other outstanding debts you may owe, or serve a total of 120 minutes of incarceration. You may ANSWER me either FINE or INCARCERATION as your choice. But I digress. Choose quickly, now, lest I hold you in contempt of court for wasting my time."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jhynnifer View Post
    Is this show actually any good? My fiancee and I were excited until we realized it was on MTV and assumed that, like the CW, they're capable of taking anything awesome and making it into millennial high-school drama-llama hour.
    Hahaha no, it's exactly what you described. A campy CW teen drama + elves.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

5. Default

What Taernath said, it's a total cheese fest. I have a soft spot for the books though so I'm watching it. Plus Ivana Baquero's character gives me warm fuzzies.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jhynnifer View Post
    I don't really have a high bar for this genre. I will watch anything however, I stopped after about the third or fourth episode of the first season. And I think it would be even worse for someone who loves the books. I never read them myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    And I think it would be even worse for someone who loves the books. I never read them myself.
    I'll take what I can get since it's the only show based on the books.

I made it through maybe 3 episodes of the first season. It was pretty awful. What was terry brooks thinking letting MTV make this so-called show?