Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Findings: adventurer's guild badge costs, limitations, progression

Default Findings: adventurer's guild badge costs, limitations, progression

Conclusion 1: For a single boost, the cost is base value * multiplier for the boost level
    There is a base value for every boost, and then a multiplier for the amount of bonus. The multiplier is fixed for all boosts.

Example base values:
    No code has to be inserted here.
    MoC is the highest I've found; climb/swim the lowest.

Multiplier table:
    Note the multiplier is a seed 1 summation.

So, e.g. +6 Pole is 240 * 21 = 5040 points to recharge.

There is also a minimum recharge cost of 1000 points.

This holds for Pole, CM, MoC, and swimming (all bonuses) and STR stat. I welcome others to replicate/invalidate the findings on other skills/stats or to extend the work to skill ranks/stat bonus.

Edit: The numbers flow much more naturally if I double the base and halve the multiplier compared to what I originally posted.
    Last edited by Goat; 10-29-2015 at 03:52 AM.
    [LNet]-GSIV:Glaves: "Dergoatean is swedish for Stillfront"

(Conclusion 0: I posted this a while back on gswiki, crossposting here for completeness)
    32 badge upgrades are required to enhance 3 stats/skills (possible at 1.19 million lifetime bounty points with 7/7/6/6/6 upgrades). At 31 upgrades, it is impossible to do even +1 first aid bonus, +1 climbing bonus, and +1 swimming bonus. There is a similar threshold at a lower number of upgrades for enhancing 2 stats/skills. I think it was around 16 upgrades but I didn't track it closely then.

Edit - this has been debunked. Read further on in the thread. It is apparently better to go 7/3/0/0/0, then 7/7/7/0/0

Edit again 4 years later - I guess we decided 6/4/0/0/0 is the fastest to second upgrade.
    Last edited by Goat; 06-30-2019 at 01:34 PM.

Conclusion 2: When you add multiple boosts, the recharge cost is the sum of the individual recharge cost for each boost.

I welcome others to replicate/invalidate the findings on other skills/stats or to extend the work to skill ranks/stat bonus.
    Last edited by Goat; 06-27-2015 at 07:51 PM.

Conclusion 3: There is a maximum recharge cost allowed for a badge given the number of upgrades it has. (In addition to the limitation on how many boosts are possible - see Conclusion 0)

With 32 upgrades, I set a badge to +10 pole and +10 CM and saw how much of other skills I could add.
    Couldn't seem to get any config beyond 37920 cost (though I neglected to set up a test with climb or swim, which would've been the highest resolution available).

With 33 upgrades, I have several configs available with 39600 cost:

Couldn't find any config to go past 39600. Adding a +1 climb bonus adds just 80 bp to the ercharge cost of a badge, but I couldn't add it to +10 MOC/+10 CM, suggesting 39600 is a true cap - or at least somewhere in the range [39600,39680).
    Last edited by Goat; 06-30-2015 at 03:27 AM.

Conclusion 4: The 1000 bp badge recharge minimum applies to the badge as a whole, not to each individual boost.

I welcome others to replicate/invalidate the findings on other skills/stats or to extend the work to skill ranks/stat bonus.
    Last edited by Goat; 06-30-2015 at 02:16 AM.

God damnit goat

Nice work!
    If you shoot for the stars you will burn up in the atmosphere

Conclusion 5: badge recharges are cheaper than perm enhancive recharges but more expensive than crumbly enhancive recharges.

Pretty small sample size on this one, and I haven't figured out the ratios (note the ratio is different between longcoat and talisman) but I'm satisfied enough.
    Last edited by Goat; 06-28-2015 at 04:57 AM.

In case you hadn't seen these:

AdG Badge Recharge Costs (Droit) : http://forum.gsplayers.com/archive/i...p/t-39905.html
    AdG Badge Testing (Fallen) : http://forum.gsplayers.com/archive/i...p/t-25218.html

Thanks for the links, I hadn't seen them first-hand but some of the findings have made their way to the wiki. When I move some of my stuff over there I may update based on those as well (especially the costs per boost).
    Last edited by Goat; 06-30-2015 at 02:07 AM.