Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Final Fantasy VII Remake

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JackWhisper View Post
    Sabin was the inspiration for Chuck Norris to become a martial artist.
    Wut? Chuck Norris was a martial artist decades before FF5 came out.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Wut? Chuck Norris was a martial artist decades before FF5 came out.
    Chuck Norris traveled into the future to find someone worthy of teaching him. In his time, there was nobody who could handle the epic of his beard.

Sabin was chosen from the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Danical View Post
    y u no VI I thought 7 was garbage. Color me a 6 fanboi.
    I might put this on my tombstone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glitch
    I've never finished III, characters didn't stick with me for whatever reason.
    Sabin? Gau?? Terra??? I have never been more disappointed in a PC post. FF6 was the best realized story of any video game of all time, and it's not close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath
    the hardcore cutesy catboy direction they went
    ...I could be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackWhisper
    basing their skills off how they accessorized their clothing options
    ...I could be very wrong.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by JackWhisper View Post
    Final Fantasies I've played.

2/5 - Top 10 games. Played it a couple years ago, Japanese version, and the difficulty difference was astounding. It was actually hard. I loved it. And I've always had a soft spot for Kain/Dragoons since playing this game.
    3/6 - Top 20 games. Solid storyline, majorly lovable characters, great arcs. Sabin was the inspiration for Chuck Norris to become a martial artist.

I would KILL for a current-gen FF2 with Cecil/Kain.
    ... You're a fan of FFIV and don't know that II stateside was IV in Japan?

They made one in 2008, not really next gen: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_...he_After_Years

I thought the antagonist in 4 was weak compared to 6. 6 had way more going for it. There really isn't any "difficulty" in Final Fantasy games, it's just a product of time / grinding. It's not like Battletoads or anything.

Celes was a badass. Also, your choices in 6 mattered. I fucking bailed on shadow the first time I played the game. WTF, the shit was hitting the fan, he's a ninja, he can figure that shit out for himself.

As for the storyline for 4 I can't get over this:
    On the moon, the party meets the sage Fusoya, who explains that Cecil's father was a Lunarian. Fusoya also explains that a Lunarian named Zemus plans to destroy life on the Blue Planet so that the Lunarians can take over, using Golbez to summon the Giant of Babil, a colossal robot. The party returns to Earth and the forces of the two worlds attack the Giant, including Palom and Porom, who have been revived. After the party breaks the robot, Golbez and Kain confront them, only to have Fusoya break Zemus' control over Golbez, in turn releasing Kain. Cecil learns that Golbez is his older brother. Golbez and Fusoya head to the core of the moon to defeat Zemus, and Cecil's party follows. In the moon's core, the party witnesses Golbez and Fusoya kill Zemus, but then quickly fall to his resurrected form, the spirit Zeromus, the embodiment of all of Zemus' hatred and rage. Back on Earth, the Elder of Mysidia commands all of Cecil's allies and friends to pray for the party, which gives Cecil and his allies the strength to fight and slay Zeromus. Following the battle, Fusoya and Golbez opt to leave Earth with the moon. Cecil, at last accepting the truth, acknowledges Golbez as his brother, and bids him farewell.

They go to the fucking moon and then later summon a giant killer robot? WTF?

I can only think of this when I hear the moon plot:
    Last edited by Danical; 06-16-2015 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashliana View Post
    Now if only they'd make a sequel to Tactics.
    They made a remake on the PSP. It wasn't bad at all, though the art was fucking weird.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    Sabin? Gau?? Terra??? I have never been more disappointed in a PC post.
    Well my angsty teen self didn't identify with any of those characters, so I didn't really get into it enough to be gripped. Cecil and Cloud make a lot more sense to me. The game itself isn't bad, it just didn't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    Well my angsty teen self didn't identify with any of those characters, so I didn't really get into it enough to be gripped. Cecil and Cloud make a lot more sense to me. The game itself isn't bad, it just didn't work for me.
    How did you identify with Cecil? Honest question. His story arc is mostly one of reluctant acceptance of the Dark Sword/Knight and then redemption/atonement for his sins.

At any rate, I'm actually pretty hyped about Kingdom Hearts 3 even though I won't play it.

8. Default

Bad guy turned good has always been a character archetype I liked, I couldn't tell you other than that.

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Danical;1786046]How did you identify with Cecil? Honest question. His story arc is mostly one of reluctant acceptance of the Dark Sword/Knight and then redemption/atonement for his sins.

At any rate, I'm actually pretty hyped about Kingdom Hearts 3 even though I won't play it.

I've always been a fan of the series' gameplay, and writing, keeping characters true to their original personas in their native games... but honestly, the plot got pretty out there with all the spinoffs...

Yes... that's a 53 minute video just to explain what's happening with the plot.

Related videos... I had missed the Deus Ex trailer... excited for that also...

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.