Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: F2P Spell Research

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanostar View Post
    maybe its a bug, but i cannot get my f2p paladin's group spells to buff party members.
    Nope, looks like F2P paladins now get the shaft like bards (and clerics). The only spell that still works for groups is 1617, 1618.

1609 and 1613 will only work for the paladin. Someone should update the wiki.
    Last edited by Maerit; 09-29-2016 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    Nope, looks like F2P paladins now get the shaft like bards (and clerics). The only spell that still works for groups is 1617, 1618.

1609 and 1613 will only work for the paladin. Someone should update the wiki.
    Heh, the hits just keep on coming. I guess I'll lean more toward my monk now.

Btw, you don't think they read our F2P class review here and caught that "mistake"?
    Last edited by macgyver; 09-29-2016 at 06:30 AM.

i'm hoping its a bug with the recent changes to how group spells work in general

The real kicker is there is no pass to unlock the group spells for F2P, so...

Last edited by macgyver; 09-29-2016 at 06:53 AM.

No, they read it off the wiki that was put there by a player because it was shared here. There are lots of "bugs" that get fixed a lot that way.

No, they read it off the wiki that was put there by a player because it was shared here. There are lots of "bugs" that get fixed a lot that way.
    They should just go back to 30 day free for GSIV. I think it'll be better for players and most likely better for Simu's bottom line. They have no idea how many players they are turning into wide-eyed potential customers to "WTF?!" disgruntled former customers out of this "F2P" model. The one saving grace is that a genuinely new player has the "ignorance is bliss" protection having never experienced the full capacity for their spells and abilities.

GMs do read these boards as well.
    PB: One day you'll need this number: 988.

Quote Originally Posted by Allereli View Post
    GMs do read these boards as well.
    I'm aware, but the spells were not tinkered with until after the wiki page was updated. If there's any "blame", it's my own for creating a thread to help people make educated decisions on what F2P professions they might want to play knowing the restrictions in advance. The paladin was the best F2P profession (probably still is, TBH) because of how unrestricted it was with spells. I suppose one might argue that it's now more balanced with other F2P options when it comes to group support.

The sad thing about all this, with their paranoid pricing that's acting like a customer repellant, is that back at Simu HQ I bet they're reading everything here about F2P complaints and they're sitting there going "hee hee hee, I know what you're trying to do ! You're trying to play the game for less!" No sir, I'm not. In fact, I'm looking at your store's shelf and wondering why there isn't the product I need and desperately want to buy. In fact, you can even charge a small premium so that having a F2P alt will cost me 17$ a month rather then if I had a subbed alt for the standard 15$ a month.

Although, I would need to have full sub like access for me to pay 17$/month.
    Last edited by macgyver; 09-29-2016 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
    Although, I would need to have full sub like access for me to pay 17$/month.
    That's such a good idea for the simucoin shop!

On SO many levels.

~L
    Luxie's adventures (because I must write) plus some guests from the past at my blog:
    http://www.thebardess.com