Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Been Gone a While, Might Come back - What's New?

Default Been Gone a While, Might Come back - What's New?

So I haven't played in 2 years and when I came back last time it was only for a month. The last time I remember playing seriously was maybe 2004 or so. I heard there was a new F2P system, and looking at the store online I gather they can't spell people up, What other restrictions are there for F2P?

Has there been a nice increase population?

How about events and stuff in Premium?

Most importantly, how is the roleplay situation? I mostly stayed in River's Rest, and it was usually good RP if you get over the mostly suicidal population, but was pretty dead at certain times of day.

Oh, and are monsters still going nuts with CMs? I need a returning runestaff... do they make those?
    I put the tard in wizard.

2. Default

Monks, f2p, simucoin store, new paid quests, new APM (Wyrom), paladins got their spells updated, pures got a 0 mana cost attack spell, ect. Bunch of little changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Baerlynd View Post
    So I haven't played in 2 years and when I came back last time it was only for a month. The last time I remember playing seriously was maybe 2004 or so. I heard there was a new F2P system, and looking at the store online I gather they can't spell people up, What other restrictions are there for F2P?

Has there been a nice increase population?

How about events and stuff in Premium?

Most importantly, how is the roleplay situation? I mostly stayed in River's Rest, and it was usually good RP if you get over the mostly suicidal population, but was pretty dead at certain times of day.

Oh, and are monsters still going nuts with CMs? I need a returning runestaff... do they make those?
    there was a decent bump up with the f2p release. basically anything you want to do with f2p, you can't. no enchanting, ensorcelling (that's a new one for sorcs), loresinging, picking, rezing and healing limit you helping the same people over and over so you can't make free heal/rez bots for yourself, very very limited bank account, way nerfed treasure gen, can't use weapons over 5x/swcw without paying, etc. basically everything. the exp penalty gets pretty rough after the mid 20's, and you don't get gift of lumnis.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

0 mana attack spell? That's cool. Need to look on Krakiipedia I guess. F2P sounds awful! Also, can anyone enlighten me on paid quests? Like how much for them, and I assume a set reward item?

Quote Originally Posted by Baerlynd View Post
    F2P sounds awful!
    I'm pretty sure someone at the Simu offices stood up and screamed the same thing.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    basically anything you want to do with f2p, you can't.

Thanks for the links, pk. I didn't find any info on the zero mana cost spells. But I do appreciate everything. Looks like I may come back. Sounds like some neat stuff is happening.
    Last edited by Baerlynd; 06-02-2015 at 03:30 AM.

8. Default

1700 - arcane blast