Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones - Telltale Game

Blog Entries

Default Game of Thrones - Telltale Game

OMG, so awesome. It is basically an interactive novel, but is a great companion series with the TV series. If you've been watching GoT or read the books, you'll like it.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

I wish they'd marketed it differently. The illusion of freedom of choice is so laughably thin.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    I wish they'd marketed it differently. The illusion of freedom of choice is so laughably thin.
    Kinda like modern American politics? Maybe they're just playing to their target audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Thondalar View Post
    Maybe they're just playing to their target audience.
    I will say that if developers wrote every little opportunity or path split, etc etc, releasing a product would take forever and they'd cost far far more. Here the feeling of 'i made this choice and because of that x happened' is nonexistent but I'm willing to them slack because this is based off a book. Very hard to write x amount of paths when they all need to lead to the same place the book does.

5. Default

Kinda like modern American politics? Maybe they're just playing to their target audience.
    Who doesn't enjoy kabuki theatre?

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Who doesn't enjoy kabuki theatre?
    Bunraku is great, since it's basically Kabuki with puppets.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    I will say that if developers wrote every little opportunity or path split, etc etc, releasing a product would take forever and they'd cost far far more. Here the feeling of 'i made this choice and because of that x happened' is nonexistent but I'm willing to them slack because this is based off a book. Very hard to write x amount of paths when they all need to lead to the same place the book does.
    Very true...in a lot of ways, really. You're right about the programming...think back to the Mass Effect series, if you ever played it. All told, your decisions didn't really mean shit. I'm not even talking about the finale in ME3, I'm talking about the end-game in each game of the series. At first it was kinda cool, ok, this person would do this if you did that, etc...but ultimately, you completed the game regardless. I didn't really grasp how pointless my decisions were until I played each one through a few times, choosing different scenarios each time...still came to basically the same conclusion.

Some different cut scenes, some different opportunities...that just led to some different cut scenes...nice to unlock, but really had no bearing on the game itself.

VSome different cut scenes, some different opportunities...that just led to some different cut scenes...nice to unlock, but really had no bearing on the game itself.
    Which is unfortunate but that's the current state of the gaming industry.

Blog Entries

I'd say just play the GoT game for what it is, an interactive movie. The series isn't fully released yet, so we can't really say what choices really make a big difference at the end. From the end of episode things though, I have seen quite a few things that would have made a difference in the episode. From what it appears, each episode really has only two different endings, but the decisions you make push it towards one ending or the other.

Blog Entries

Still though, it is very awesome. Pretty much like watching an episode of GoT, but you have to click shit sometimes.