Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Which Good Games Have You Played Recently?

1. Default

The Outer Worlds is the best party-based RPG I've played in years. Well-crafted sci fi setting, reminiscent of Firefly in many ways, often hilarious dialogue, and we even got ourselves a preach--uh, Vicar. Seriously good game.
    You remove a pair of oval ora-framed spectacles with pale grey lenses from in your ebon linen vest.

You unfold the earpieces of your spectacles.

You put on a pair of oval ora-framed spectacles with pale grey lenses.

You think to yourself, "Deal with it."

2. Default

HUGE fan for outer worlds

Good "stats" point. Stats are set from start and they don't move. You're excellent in body, BANG. For life.

Skills growth is smart. You raise a group of skills until 50 THEN you need to grow only a single skill in the group. So you must specialize… later in game. Each 20 points in a skill gives a kinda of advantage.

TWO (Deux) NPCs in your group = tactical combat.

Heavy, medium and light armor with a TACTICAL choice: The heavier the armor, the more protection you gain but LESSER skills bonuses. Vice versa for light.

Combat is either melee or distanced and one or 2 handed each with advantages and flaws. Melee is FUN. Ranged is FUN. Stealth is GOOD.

Light guns are FUN. Heavy guns are FUN. Long guns are FUN. Science guns are FUN

You also get a kinda of VATS power but more… intelligent. It's funner.

VERY tongue in the cheek humor WITH a fallout attitude. No romance but that changes the 1000535 other games that had it.

Another good point: SPACE! But not Mass effect style. Your ship is COOL and some stuff in it (won't spoil) is FUN.

Did I said you have REPUTATIONS! Good AND bad with advantages in each! Finally!

Also, talking has more than just stories, you can MANAGE stuff with talking! YOU CAN AVOID FIGHTS with skill checks! Also, YOU CAN KILL PEOPLE (Not all but still)

One of the BEST if not the BEST post fallout 2 game EVER.

p.s. Survival mode = managing your hunger, thirst, sleep, your companion can die, money is an issue… FUN FUN FUN for the minmaxer freak in you
    Last edited by Murrandii; 10-29-2019 at 08:16 PM.
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

Blog Entries

Eh, Outer Worlds does some things right, but others are pretty terrible.

+++ Dialogue, story, and quest design are great.

- The 'world' is really bland and empty, no real reason to explore, just groups of enemies copypasted every few hundred yards, no random encounters, etc.

- Combat is thoroughly average.

- I really wish consumables were condensed into their respective buffs since carrying around a half-dozen different things that all grant +1 strength is rather silly.

- Game can't decide if it wants to play the ultra-corporatist angle for laughs or straight.

------- UI is fucking terrible
    Last edited by Taernath; 10-29-2019 at 08:49 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

4. Default

Combat is.. fine, I guess? I wasn't expecting much in the first place, because Bethesda-style RPGs never have stellar combat. I do wish they'd decided on either "space western" or the pseudo-20's art deco style instead of mashing them up. I find that distracting at times. But I came for the storytelling, and it delivers that in spades.
    You remove a pair of oval ora-framed spectacles with pale grey lenses from in your ebon linen vest.

You unfold the earpieces of your spectacles.

You put on a pair of oval ora-framed spectacles with pale grey lenses.

You think to yourself, "Deal with it."

Blog Entries

Don't play a game based off Taernath reviews. He thinks everything sucks.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam