Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wage gap?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

You do know my comment was about pay and not promotions? The two aren't always tied together.
    [LNet]-GSIV:Lysistrata: "And I'm pretty perfect sooooo... What can I say. I'm dedicated. (To Jeril's cock.)"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeril View Post
    You do know my comment was about pay and not promotions? The two aren't always tied together.
    Well no, but like the guy in your post noted, we're comparing straight male salary to straight female salary. To this end, even within the same "job code", you have annual evaluations that generally come with a raise. Men are more likely to fight for a larger raise, whereas women are more likely to take what they get.

edit: men are also more likely to not have gaps in employment.
    Last edited by Thondalar; 04-26-2015 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorbird View Post
    A gap exists. It is much smaller than the oft reported 20%, but a gap does exist, in essence, even including all the typical complaints.
    ..but is it a gap that can be conceivably closed by any measure? If so...what?

edit: I'm ok with his 5%. I consider that the margin of error when trying to determine a baseline for anything involving this many variables.
    Last edited by Thondalar; 04-26-2015 at 06:01 AM.

It's a bit over that, though not much. I think it can be closed through careful use of resources by well meaning managers. It used to be much much worse. This is likely not the answer that most of my liberal friends want to hear... and conservatives don't like to be told they need to step their game up either.

I think at peak efficiency it wouldn't exist.
    So what you're saying is there's really nothing that can be done to "fix" this other than people in management positions taking some extra steps to insure the people who deserve it are in the places they're supposed to be.

Go figure.

What amazes me is that we can figure that out here on these forums, but our President can't. Even worse, his advisers and speech-writers can't. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thondalar View Post
    What amazes me is that we can figure that out here on these forums, but our President can't. Even worse, his advisers and speech-writers can't. Amazing.
    Of course the president and his speech writers can figure it out, but saying "Hey women, the wage gap is a myth, shut up" isn't gonna garner as many outraged/sympathy votes as "I hear your plight, women, and it ain't fair. Vote Democrat!"

Thread: Wage gap?
    It's bullshit to get sheeple like you to buy into the notion so you vote the way they want you to. Low information voters is a big voting block for democrats.
    Alex Jones listeners? Totally "high information voters."

7. Default

I don't know who Alex Jones is but if he's a Republican then he's got my vote for president.

Blog Entries

Didn't read any of the comments here. Watched the first half of the video, I can tell you he is full of shit. I grow up with only my mother, single parent. Yeah, she was paid less then a man. Guess what, when she'd look for a higher paying job, she often got passed over for men that had the same qualifications as her. He can say what he wants, with his faggy voice, the fact of the matter is... This shit is life and it happens. Sorry.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

OMG, here is a study from Stanford.

https://web.stanford.edu/group/scspi...r_research.pdf

Here is Wikipedia, read that article. No decrease, even though MORE women are getting college degrees than men...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_pay_gap

Do I need to go on? Because there are tons of places that have a lot more research than the guy in that video.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam