Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War: Warhammer War of the Hammers of War

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Not buying anything until the Steam Summer Sale

This game won't be in it, maybe winter sale. I'm only here because the game has to fucking unpack.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    This game won't be in it, maybe winter sale. I'm only here because the game has to fucking unpack.
    It very well could be, just not at a huge discount. 10% is likely at least since the sales will start waning by then. Still wouldn't get it until at least 50%. I find it hard to justify 60$ for these half made games.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

Blog Entries

So these games have base building in them or is it just the strategic battles?
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

Blog Entries

It very well could be, just not at a huge discount. 10% is likely at least since the sales will start waning by then. Still wouldn't get it until at least 50%. I find it hard to justify 60$ for these half made games.
    Attila and Rome 2 were both not in the first Summer sale after launch. Rome 2 was in the end of a year and Attila was in a February. They just don't do it with them. And Total War games are never "half made". They always have hundreds of hours of gameplay in them from launch. May have bugs, but they aren't half made.

So these games have base building in them or is it just the strategic battles?
    Both, sorta. There is a turn based campaign map, sorta like Civ games. When two armies meet, it goes to real time battles.

This game sounds retarded.

6. Default

It's getting 9 and 10 game marks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geijon Khyree View Post
    It's getting 9 and 10 game marks.
    He's a troll, don't mind him.

Blog Entries

Yeah, it's pretty great. No reason for Bretonnia to not have a SP campaign though.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty great. No reason for Bretonnia to not have a SP campaign though.
    It'll probably be the very next race release for SP, all the units are mostly done.... To the point that you can play as them in Multiplayer. They got the major guys in for each race though.

I've played about 2 hours on all the races so far, and I'm loving the Dwarfs. Withering fire and strong fixing forces? Love it.
    Last edited by Gelston; 05-25-2016 at 03:00 AM.

I picked up this game last night and clearly have no idea what I'm doing.

I started out with Dwarf and first made the mistake of going nearly -100 on Public Order. After figuring out that mechanic a little and realizing this isn't Hero's of Might and Magic, I built up one huge army, thinking my flank was safe due to it being way up in the mountains, I easily smashed my way west. Sure enough, BAM giant greenskin army hits me from underground from the east where I thought I was safe. So that's a thing.

About 30 turns in, my main Lord is lvl 12, but I still don't anything better than quarrelers. Greenskins roll in with a hero and lord all lvled up and mow down my best army... I put up a good fight and nearly turned it around with decent positioning and a superior lord before my front line crumbled and the quarrelers got overrun.

Bit of a learning curve so far... but I plan to try out the Empire tonight I think. I'm enjoying the various aspects, and there's so many different builds you can do with the Lords and tech options for your research. As someone who tries to min/max games a lot I can see myself enjoying trying different things going forward.