Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War: Warhammer War of the Hammers of War

Blog Entries

Initial challenges are meaningless when you declare war on everyone around you from the start.
    Last edited by Gelston; 01-23-2018 at 06:54 PM.

I dig the lack of upkeep on the tomb kings.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geijon View Post
    I dig the lack of upkeep on the tomb kings.
    Yeah it is pretty great. I think VC should go to the same system, honestly. Sometimes it just doesn't make sense to have recruitment and upkeep costs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Yeah it is pretty great. I think VC should go to the same system, honestly. Sometimes it just doesn't make sense to have recruitment and upkeep costs.
    From a gameplay perspective removing upkeep would make sense because you're surrounded by hostile nations. The VC guys aren't as mindless as the skeletons of Khemri though, they do have 'regular' townspeople that live and work in their towns so having some sort of trade or upkeep makes slightly more sense.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    From a gameplay perspective removing upkeep would make sense because you're surrounded by hostile nations. The VC guys aren't as mindless as the skeletons of Khemri though, they do have 'regular' townspeople that live and work in their towns so having some sort of trade or upkeep makes slightly more sense.
    Which is addressed by building costs. None of the units are living humans.

Blog Entries

One thing I thought was cool was that some of the armies (and mercenary armies) introduced with the Tomb Kings had mixed rosters. Arkhan has VC + TK guys, of course, but I saw a Wood Elf + Lizard army that was a pain in the ass to fight. I hope this is in preparation for a Dogs of War faction or mechanic.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Have to say so far these 2 games and their expansions have been well worth the time and money invested in them, tons of fun with them.
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    One thing I thought was cool was that some of the armies (and mercenary armies) introduced with the Tomb Kings had mixed rosters. Arkhan has VC + TK guys, of course, but I saw a Wood Elf + Lizard army that was a pain in the ass to fight. I hope this is in preparation for a Dogs of War faction or mechanic.
    Are you talking about rogue armies? Those have been in from TWW2 vanilla.

Tomb kings are legit. I probably doubled my understanding of the game by a good amount after beating it with multiple armies and modes. I really love the lack of upkeep. You can roll 9 stacks of like level 9 units around end game.

Blog Entries

Gawd finally.