Thread: container limits for front worn

Default container limits for front worn

I bought a frontworn at EG that held 50 and weighed 6 pounds.

I've had it deepened out a few times, and it now holds 85 (still weighs 6lbs). Analyze says it can be further lightened or deepened.

Tonight, when I tried to get it deepened again, I had a merchant tell me "Even though the ANALYZE probably tells you differently, this item is well over the deepen limit for front-worn items. I could change it into back or shoulder worn and deepen it, but as it is, I cannot do more".

So, I decided to get my item back and deepen a different item. But, do you think what this GM was saying is correct, or do you think I should try to get it deepened at a different merchant/event? I know that I saw a bunch of 7 pound / 120 capacity front worns on players corner around 2012 (for instance http://forum.gsplayers.com/archive/i...p/t-82298.html), so I wasn't sure if I would get a different answer by trying a different GM and/or different event?

Same GM wouldn't deepen a frontworn vest for another character. Front worn vest also analyzes as further deepenable. Currently weighs 3 and holds 25. Told it couldn't be further deepen, which strikes me as wrong because I have another front worn surcoat that weighs the same amount and was deepened to hold 50. So this struck me as more surprising than the first one.

Anyway, lets collaborate our knowledge on front worns
    Last edited by gilchristr; 04-15-2015 at 03:25 AM.

If the typical item releases are any indication, the GM that refused to deepen was probably correct. I had one that was 66/6 (or close to that) and was refused a deepen at one time as well. Others have had similar experiences. Though of course, they bend rules for special services like epic deepening. Might as well take what you can get in my opinion.