Thread: single skill CMANs vs. other CMANs

Default single skill CMANs vs. other CMANs

I just wanted to point out something that I learned, which I don't think is new information, but isn't always discussed in the "which CMAN should I take" type threads.

The odds of succeeding on a CMAN attempt are based in part on your skills. Most if not all CMANs consider your CM training. So, if you are 2x in CMs, you will have a better chance of success than 1x CMANs. However, only some CMANs will consider a second skill. Let me give an example, by contrasting Sweep and Kneebash.

Sweep is a single skill CMAN dependent on ONLY CM (as far as I can tell from reading the description, and some testing).
    Kneebash is part of Cheapshots, which considers both CM training and Ambush training (from the descrip).

For someone training 2x in CM, and 1x in ambush, I would expect that their odds of getting a 101 end roll would be higher for sweep than kneebash.

For someone training 1x in CM, and 2x in ambush, I would expect that their odds of getting a 101 end roll would be lower for sweep than kneebash.

For someone training 1x in CM and 1x in ambush, I am not sure but I THINK their odds of getting a 101 end roll on kneebash and sweep would be the same (I am not sure about this).

Another point - to be "perfectly 2x" (if you will) in kneebash, you need 2x CM training and 2x ambush training. Whereas to be "perfectly 2x" in sweep, you only need 2x CM training.

EDIT - dirtkick is another "pure CM" CMAN. I think feint is too (consider that at rank 5 feint works with an open hand, even if the user has no brawling training; therefore, I don't think feint considers weapon skill)
    Last edited by gilchristr; 04-13-2015 at 04:52 PM.

pretty sure but dont quote me, the formula's for kneebash(and others similar) should be (cman + ambush)/2=xx rather than sweep which would be cman=xx
    "Winter is Coming"-House Stark

"You are 139 months behind on your dues."