Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UAC and bards.

Default UAC and bards.

Seeming as the official forums for bards seems... underwhelming in the activity department, I figured Id come here and ask.

When Tal first went pure (in training if not hunting style) he was barely over 30 and relied heavily on voln fu as a means to fry. Ive been gone about 5 years now and with the rework of Voln and the release of UAC Im curious if such a thing is still viable these days.

I dont need to know for me, but Ive had a few people ask about 'pure' training and I dislike having to say "As a great lord its fine, no idea about anything else anymore"

Taluric, player of.

From what I understand, UAC is not very good unless ambushing from hiding, and even then you would probably be better off using a weapon.

That being said, if you find UAC fun and engaging I think you should go for it.
    ~ Peppwyn

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Peppwyn View Post
    From what I understand, UAC is not very good unless ambushing from hiding, and even then you would probably be better off using a weapon.

That being said, if you find UAC fun and engaging I think you should go for it.

I am wrong in what I understand? I'm not sure you can make that argument.
    ~ Peppwyn

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Peppwyn View Post
    I am wrong in what I understand? I'm not sure you can make that argument.
    Yes, you are wrong. UAC and ambusg is brutal, maybe even more so than with a held weapon. And UAC from the open isn't terrible. A bard won't have rolling krynch but I'm sure song of Tonis more than makes up for that.

Everything I have read and been told leads me to believe that you are wrong. UAC seems to lose it's awesomeness in the higher levels ... but that's just what I've been told.
    ~ Peppwyn

7. Default

PK is a diehard monk fanatic. Don't expect him to be logical.

Blog Entries

Anything can be viable on any class. In my bardly experiences, UAC isn't very powerful for bards compared to other styles. Still, roll up a lowbie, play with UAC on him, see if you like it and if you do have at.
    Last edited by Gelston; 04-11-2015 at 06:26 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Speaking from experience with using UAC in my mid 50's in EN with tonis, it was underwhelming. I had far better success with going pure or just about anything else. Hurling as a bard is incredibly OP but tonis with just about anything works. It WILL work, it'll just be that much slower than poles/hurling/pure etc.
    Last edited by Alashir; 04-11-2015 at 06:27 PM.
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

I'd love to see some logs of UAC being used in a swarm or in some of the more difficult hunting locations (or against something in plate)
    ~ Peppwyn