Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 30-Day check in...

Default 30-Day check in...

(Title should be "30-Day Check In..." I can't type this morning, apparently.)

My F2P cleric is coming up on the end of her 30 days. Unfortunately, she's only gotten to level 7, but I've been having fun, so level just doesn't matter all that much to me. Here's what she looks like now. I'd love any sort of feedback, especially with stats.

Code:
    Name: Lyquitta Race: Giantman  Profession: Cleric (not shown)
                      Normal (Bonus)  ...  Enhanced (Bonus)
        Strength (STR):    47 (14)    ...   47 (14)
    Constitution (CON):    46 (8)     ...   46 (8)
       Dexterity (DEX):    90 (15)    ...   90 (15)
         Agility (AGI):    81 (10)    ...   81 (10)
      Discipline (DIS):    71 (10)    ...   71 (10)
            Aura (AUR):    93 (16)    ...   93 (16)
           Logic (LOG):    82 (11)    ...   82 (11)
       Intuition (INT):    78 (14)    ...   78 (14)
          Wisdom (WIS):    78 (14)    ...   78 (14)
       Influence (INF):    27 (-6)    ...   27 (-6)
    Mana:  23   Silver: 0

s>info start
    Level 0 Stats for Lyquitta, Giantman Cleric

Strength (STR): 40
    Constitution (CON): 40
       Dexterity (DEX): 90
         Agility (AGI): 80
      Discipline (DIS): 68
            Aura (AUR): 92
           Logic (LOG): 80
       Intuition (INT): 75
          Wisdom (WIS): 75
       Influence (INF): 20

s>skills
     Lyquitta (at level 7), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
      Skill Name                         | Current Current
                                         |   Bonus   Ranks
      Armor Use..........................|      40       8
      Shield Use.........................|      35       7
      Physical Fitness...................|      35       7
      Spell Aiming.......................|      82      18
      Harness Power......................|      35       7
      Spirit Mana Control................|      66      14
      Perception.........................|      35       7
      Climbing...........................|      35       7
      First Aid..........................|      35       7

Spell Lists
      Major Spiritual....................|               7

Spell Lists
      Minor Spiritual....................|               3

Spell Lists
      Cleric.............................|               7
    Not looking to have her be a dedicated raising cleric, but would like to, every now and then, which is why the aura is so high (so she can raise anybody with 10 spirit; the aura gets to 95, giving her 10 spirit, at 18). Mostly I want her be a decent hunter, which is why the spell aiming and major spirit over minor spirit spells. Not wanting to over train for mana, now that 1700 is available.

Should I knock the Aura down some, so I can get more Wisdom, since I'd rather hunt than raise? How common is it for people to have 10 spirit (versus 8 or 9)?
    Last edited by mgoddess; 04-08-2015 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Title...

I admit I only use my cleric as a utility character most of the time but his Aura is set for cap and he does not have any issues raising people with 10 spirit, it drains him more, but there is the cooldown period anyway to get it back, and a little mana bread and meditate and you are good to go. There is another factor, I forget off the top of my head what is that impacts raising chances, maybe spirit mana control, something like that, which is way more important than aura.
    Last edited by kutter; 04-08-2015 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mgoddess View Post

My F2P cleric is coming up on the end of her 30 days. Unfortunately, she's only gotten to level 7, but I've been having fun, so level just doesn't matter all that much to me. Here's what she looks like now. I'd love any sort of feedback, especially with stats.

Code:
    Name: Lyquitta Race: Giantman  Profession: Cleric (not shown)
                      Normal (Bonus)  ...  Enhanced (Bonus)
        Strength (STR):    47 (14)    ...   47 (14)
    Constitution (CON):    46 (8)     ...   46 (8)
       Dexterity (DEX):    90 (15)    ...   90 (15)
         Agility (AGI):    81 (10)    ...   81 (10)
      Discipline (DIS):    71 (10)    ...   71 (10)
            Aura (AUR):    93 (16)    ...   93 (16)
           Logic (LOG):    82 (11)    ...   82 (11)
       Intuition (INT):    78 (14)    ...   78 (14)
          Wisdom (WIS):    78 (14)    ...   78 (14)
       Influence (INF):    27 (-6)    ...   27 (-6)
    Mana:  23   Silver: 0

s>info start
    Level 0 Stats for Lyquitta, Giantman Cleric

Strength (STR): 40
    Constitution (CON): 40
       Dexterity (DEX): 90
         Agility (AGI): 80
      Discipline (DIS): 68
            Aura (AUR): 92
           Logic (LOG): 80
       Intuition (INT): 75
          Wisdom (WIS): 75
       Influence (INF): 20

s>skills
     Lyquitta (at level 7), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
      Skill Name                         | Current Current
                                         |   Bonus   Ranks
      Armor Use..........................|      40       8
      Shield Use.........................|      35       7
      Physical Fitness...................|      35       7
      Spell Aiming.......................|      82      18
      Harness Power......................|      35       7
      Spirit Mana Control................|      66      14
      Perception.........................|      35       7
      Climbing...........................|      35       7
      First Aid..........................|      35       7

Spell Lists
      Major Spiritual....................|               7

Spell Lists
      Minor Spiritual....................|               3

Spell Lists
      Cleric.............................|               7
    Not looking to have her be a dedicated raising cleric, but would like to, every now and then, which is why the aura is so high (so she can raise anybody with 10 spirit; the aura gets to 95, giving her 10 spirit, at 18). Mostly I want her be a decent hunter, which is why the spell aiming and major spirit over minor spirit spells. Not wanting to over train for mana, now that 1700 is available.

Should I knock the Aura down some, so I can get more Wisdom, since I'd rather hunt than raise? How common is it for people to have 10 spirit (versus 8 or 9)?
    The low STR and CON are going to hurt you. Both play into how much you can carry which in turn is going to affect your ability to avoid creature maneuvers and make successful climb/swim checks to get into some places. CON is also your health and some phantom crit padding which will make the difference between living or dying at times.

You don't have to set your aura quite so high if you just train to be a little better at raising. By this I mean to set yourself up to have 25 ranks of cleric spells when you hit 18 or soon after, this will reduce the spirit needed from 75% down to 50% and enable you to raise anyone as long as you aren't missing too much spirit at the time of the raise. I prefer CS hunting to bolt hunting because it ties in with that a little better. And for clerics over training in cleric spells continues to increase the bonus to 310 until it caps and 307 until it hits its soft cap of 15 AS/DS. I also hate using wands, but to each their own.
    [LNet]-GSIV:Lysistrata: "And I'm pretty perfect sooooo... What can I say. I'm dedicated. (To Jeril's cock.)"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeril View Post
    The low STR and CON are going to hurt you. Both play into how much you can carry which in turn is going to affect your ability to avoid creature maneuvers and make successful climb/swim checks to get into some places. CON is also your health and some phantom crit padding which will make the difference between living or dying at times.

You don't have to set your aura quite so high if you just train to be a little better at raising. By this I mean to set yourself up to have 25 ranks of cleric spells when you hit 18 or soon after, this will reduce the spirit needed from 75% down to 50% and enable you to raise anyone as long as you aren't missing too much spirit at the time of the raise. I prefer CS hunting to bolt hunting because it ties in with that a little better. And for clerics over training in cleric spells continues to increase the bonus to 310 until it caps and 307 until it hits its soft cap of 15 AS/DS. I also hate using wands, but to each their own.
    Thanks for this. I hadn't realized that the reduction in spirit need was so quick after 18. I had it in my head that it the next tier was at 40, but it turns out that's the third tier of reductions. This'll let me reduce my aura some too, to put more into the strength & con, which is excellent. (I also hate using wands, and hate CS hunting only slightly less, at least at lower levels. The overtraining should help that some, at least.)

I hunted a cleric up to 18 using CS, I found the crits from bane amusing enough but definitely annoying when the RNG would have me miss several casts in a row. Quartz orbs are great especially before level 20 when the CS boost is greater then the standard +10.
    [LNet]-GSIV:Lysistrata: "And I'm pretty perfect sooooo... What can I say. I'm dedicated. (To Jeril's cock.)"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeril View Post
    I hunted a cleric up to 18 using CS, I found the crits from bane amusing enough but definitely annoying when the RNG would have me miss several casts in a row. Quartz orbs are great especially before level 20 when the CS boost is greater then the standard +10.
    Man, I haven't hunted a CS caster in so long, I completely forgot about quartz orbs... ::facepalm::

First thing I thought of was the STR on this character as well for the aspect of rescues. At younger levels dragging can be important/imperative. But, I enjoy rescuing and do most of that nowadays so if you're not going rescue, then it might not be as important. But raises are good exp, especially at lower levels cause it'll fill your mind. When you're older, the exp from raises isn't always that good.
    Last edited by Soulance; 04-08-2015 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mgoddess View Post
    Looks like it says 30 day check in to me....
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkein View Post
    That is some weird shit.

Quote Originally Posted by AnticorRifling View Post
    Looks like it says 30 day check in to me....
    Looks like the Forum Fairies paid a visit!

Glad to hear you're enjoying it all though. Being a paid player, it was tough for me to try out a F2P. I enjoy being able to share spells and gain experience faster. Still, good to see an influx of old players returning - and hopefully a few new ones starting up. Seems to make the gaming environment more alive.