Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: National Anthem

Default National Anthem

NFL pregame show......

If you are going to sing the national anthem, SING IT LIKE IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE! I hate when people try to put some stupid spin on it that they think sounds better. It sounds HORRIBLE. Sing the song like it suppose to be and stop trying to turn into some stupid show.

Another thing too. Stop lip synching the song. Brittany Spears and the national anthem chick looked retarded when they aren't even singing the song. Show up like Aerosmith and give a live show for the people there and TV or don't show up at all.

<<<I would vote to have the national anthem abolished at public events, except I hate sports and don't go to anything in which the national anthem would be sang. So it doesn't really bother me. But I do advise not having it performed in public because it could offend some of those in attendance.>>>>

In the words of Bob. DIE.

You have got to be kidding... I can't fathom going to a sporting event and not having the anthem sang.
    It's tradition- and a good one.
    If it happened to offend anyone at an event or watching- they either shouldn't be in america or watching american sports. There is nothing wrong with showing some patriotism from time to time.

You cannot please everyone all the time.

What would you suggest we get rid of next- celebrating the 4th of july? Oh my! we might offend someone- lets abolish it!
    -A

How would it offend anyone..?
    Quote Originally Posted by longshot View Post
    I feel like Backlash is a baby sea turtle in every thread he jumps in- you want to root for the little guy to make it, but you just know he's going to get eaten before he ever tastes the ocean.

5. Default

Originally posted by Demon Lord Kage

I would vote to have the national anthem abolished at public events, except I hate sports and don't go to anything in which the national anthem would be sang. So it doesn't really bother me. But I do advise not having it performed in public because it could offend some of those in attendance.
    You're in America how the hell can you not expect it too be played. You are now classified as an asshole for saying something like that. If you don't want to hear it move the hell out.

I agree with Sinktik.

Sing it like it's supposed to be, or don't sing it at all.

I'm not really patriotic, and it doesn't offend me..I'm in America, I expect to hear it... deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by longshot View Post
    I feel like Backlash is a baby sea turtle in every thread he jumps in- you want to root for the little guy to make it, but you just know he's going to get eaten before he ever tastes the ocean.

<<<I'm by no means freaking out. They can sing it all they like, I'll put on my headphones and listen to J-Pop. But some people are very sensitive is all, and it's rather inconsiderate of them. ::shrugs:: >>>

I'd smack the shit out of you if I saw you wearing headphones and sitting down during the national anthem.

Anyone here that POTHEAD anthem by adam sandler..its the funnesit shit i'v eever heard, you all should go and download it
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

I'd make an effort to get it and listen to it, Solkern, but I have to decline because your lack of mediocre typing precision disgusts me.
    Razzle them. Dazzle them. Razzle dazzle them.