Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: GS4 Character Planner v1.0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by SpiffyJr View Post
    Really not a fan of the chart for stats. Is it possible to just calculate a level or see it in tabular format?
    Unfortunately, no. I chose a chart format for progress panel because the formulas can generate a huge number of data points.

Best advice I can give you is to click on a point on the chart to see a formula breakdown for that specific level. The details will appear in the lower right box.
    Need a way to plan your stats and skills for Gemstone IV? Download my character planner!

Newest Version: v2.6.5 (Released 12/13/2018)
    Hymore Character Planner Topic at Player's Corner
    Hymore Character Planner: Releases
    Hymore Character Planner: Source Code

Default Max Skills at a Given Level

This might be a relatively basic question or something I missed, but why doesn't the character planner allow me to train to the same level as I can in GS for a given skill?

For instance, my warrior is level 53 and is trained 2x in THW. In game, I can have 110 total ranks at level 53 (2x per level = 106 + 4 ranks at level 0 = 110), but the character planner only allows me to go to 108.

Thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by lexbubba View Post
    This might be a relatively basic question or something I missed, but why doesn't the character planner allow me to train to the same level as I can in GS for a given skill?

For instance, my warrior is level 53 and is trained 2x in THW. In game, I can have 110 total ranks at level 53 (2x per level = 106 + 4 ranks at level 0 = 110), but the character planner only allows me to go to 108.

Thanks for the clarification.
    This is due to the planner following GS3 logic when it comes to skill ranks (108 ranks is 2 * 54. 53 levels + level 0). GS4 lets you "train ahead" a level in skills, hence why you can have 4 ranks in a 2x skill at level 0 instead of just 2 ranks but you will only have 202 ranks at level 100. I recently fixed a TP bug dealing with this so I think in the next build I'll try to get it to do the train ahead thing the game does.
    Need a way to plan your stats and skills for Gemstone IV? Download my character planner!

Quote Originally Posted by Hymore246 View Post
    This is due to the planner following GS3 logic when it comes to skill ranks (108 ranks is 2 * 54. 53 levels + level 0). GS4 lets you "train ahead" a level in skills, hence why you can have 4 ranks in a 2x skill at level 0 instead of just 2 ranks but you will only have 202 ranks at level 100. I recently fixed a TP bug dealing with this so I think in the next build I'll try to get it to do the train ahead thing the game does.
    Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. Looking forward to that update down the road.

There's a bug with armor only allowing you to enter two digits. Unfortunately, my adamantine plate is 110 lbs so I wasn't able to enter it.
    It must be hard to type with ghostcrawlers penis lodged in your ass. - g++

There's a bug with armor only allowing you to enter two digits. Unfortunately, my adamantine plate is 110 lbs so I wasn't able to enter it.
    110lbs, holy shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Drew's priorities - Merchanting > Roleplaying > Cybering > Being AFK > Cybering > Hunting
    (wrathbringer78) I think that's it. Viril is one big obnoxious ambient script.

Holy crap that's some heavy armor! I didn't realize armor weight could go into 3 digits. Next update will let you enter up to 999 lb for the weight. So as long as you don't upgrade to dark matter full plate everything should be fine.

Yea, it's max light too... and I'm a halfling. Hah!

It was 138 lbs off the shelf. Hah!

10. Default

Too funny, the Halfling wearing that adamantine full plate looks like he weighs only 132 pounds.