Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GS4 Character Planner v1.0

One thing which would be nice is if we could input that a character has a certain number of ranks in a skill by a certain level (I guess it's possible to do this with the rate command, but in some cases you're not planning on training the skill at the same rate in the future),

2. Default

I call that the "Target Level" variable. I thought about it at one point when looking at Tsoran's spreadsheet. I'll add something like that in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by m444w View Post
    Lots of stuff
    I would appreciate the help on this problem since it's driving me nuts. I was hoping that deleting/creating the panel on the fly would fix the lag but finding out it worse is a real kick in the pants. Since there are more panels coming in the future, this is only going to get worse. The maneuvers panel is the worst offender of this problem because on how many maneuvers need to be tracked. Considering the right side contains 303 elements per each row, tracking 120+ maneuvers is well over 36,000 elements and it really shows. I'll look into the information you posted and see if using that stuff will help. Hopefully, I can fix the problem and start adding some other fun stuff.

I'd love to reduce the element count but I'm not sure the best way to do it. I'm thinking row reuse at this point since both the hidding and delete/create methods failed.
    Need a way to plan your stats and skills for Gemstone IV? Download my character planner!

Newest Version: v2.6.5 (Released 12/13/2018)
    Hymore Character Planner Topic at Player's Corner
    Hymore Character Planner: Releases
    Hymore Character Planner: Source Code

Blog Entries

Nice work, Hymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

4. Default

I am perhaps way too stupid for this, but what do I click on to make this work?
    the link appears to take me to a bunch of code.

Quote Originally Posted by indomitable View Post
    I am perhaps way too stupid for this, but what do I click on to make this work?
    the link appears to take me to a bunch of code.
    download the zip file, don't forget to extract it, run in firefox
    PB: One day you'll need this number: 988.

Blog Entries

I extracted to my computer then opened the file folder called GS4 Character Master Planner and clicked on the icon in the folder called Planner.
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Allereli View Post
    download the zip file, don't forget to extract it, run in firefox
    thank you!

Blog Entries

I was only slower in responding than Allereli because I looked up the file names!!
    I like penis.

9. Default

I am hard at work rewriting the layout using the Mithril framework m444w recommended. I've managed to get the Statistics panel done this weekend but I can't update github until everything done since it breaks the other panels. I have high hopes for Mithril working out since this is the third time I've had to rewrite the layout stuff. I've added some quality of life stuff to the panels by splitting split each side into a top, middle, and bottom. So on the skills panel, you will always be able to see your remaining PTP/MTP and level numbers when you scroll through the available skills.

As always let me know about any bugs or suggestion you have so I can improve the planner.
    Need a way to plan your stats and skills for Gemstone IV? Download my character planner!

10. Default

I've spent the better part of a month trying to learn Mithril. I managed to get it to render the planner but I couldn't figure out how the diff engine worked. I've had no luck looking at examples online or getting a more in depth look at the engine. Bottom line: if there isn't a way for me to peek inside the virtual DOM and figure out what it's going to redraw, then it is not worth using.

So, I spent some time trying to find another solution to the lag caused by having too many elements on the page. I answer turned out to be obvious; reduce the number of elements on the page. I thought about doing this by getting rid of the scroll div and have button that show a range of levels instead. But in the end it wasn't going to work because it going to make the planner less useable. Not to mention that the future panels could have enough more elements and I'm already seeing some problems hiding the existing panels already. I needed a better solution but I couldn't find one. So I've decided to change my approach. Since github can hold the source code as well as the runnable executable, I'll be able to stick to my original goal of allowing other people to modify and update it. Looks like I need to start over but I'm not giving up.

TL; DR