Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 101 to 108 of 108

Thread: GS4 Character Planner v1.0

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    25,153
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hymore246 View Post
    Just to be clear, you are saying that the Armor Specializations on the Maneuvers tab are not calculating correctly or is the Armor Use skill is making the Skills Panel act up?

    Also, if you haven't done so already, make sure to go back in click Calculate Build on the Skills Panel before doing the calculations on the Maneuvers Panel. The planner doesn't know you've made skill changes unless you Calculate Build again. I've made this mistake A LOT while testing the planner by forgetting to recalculate after making changes.
    No matter how many times I click, I can't get it to use more than 1 rank worth of Armor Use points towards Armored Fluidity.

    Also, My points are looking off from the real thing. I've trained exactly like what this spreadsheet says, and assuming the "left over" column means what I am supposed to have left, we're not close. It says I am supposed to have 38 PTPs and 191 MPTs left over when I have more like 1 PTP and 0 MTPs to pull off the same skill set. This *is* taking into account intra-level training, so that's not the case here.

    For reference, level 21 Sylvankind Paladin 3x Armor Use, 2x Shield use and Edged Weapons, 1x Combat Maneuvers, Physical Fitness, Paladin Spell circle, and Perception, 10 ranks of climb and swim, and 3 ranks of Minor Spiritual.

    Stat Base STR 84, CON 86, DEX 85, AGI 84, DIS 70, AUR 70, LOG 61, INT 20, WIS 80, INF 20
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

  2. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    No matter how many times I click, I can't get it to use more than 1 rank worth of Armor Use points towards Armored Fluidity.

    Also, My points are looking off from the real thing. I've trained exactly like what this spreadsheet says, and assuming the "left over" column means what I am supposed to have left, we're not close. It says I am supposed to have 38 PTPs and 191 MPTs left over when I have more like 1 PTP and 0 MTPs to pull off the same skill set. This *is* taking into account intra-level training, so that's not the case here.

    For reference, level 21 Sylvankind Paladin 3x Armor Use, 2x Shield use and Edged Weapons, 1x Combat Maneuvers, Physical Fitness, Paladin Spell circle, and Perception, 10 ranks of climb and swim, and 3 ranks of Minor Spiritual.

    Stat Base STR 84, CON 86, DEX 85, AGI 84, DIS 70, AUR 70, LOG 61, INT 20, WIS 80, INF 20
    I swear to God, I hate GS4's TP conversion formula. Someday, I WILL fix it completely. I probably need to go at it from a different angle but for now I'll have to leave it be.

    I think I know what is wrong with the Armor Specializations. How many ranks of Armored Fluidity does your lvl 21 Paladin have and when did you take each rank?
    Last edited by Hymore246; 03-05-2018 at 03:42 PM.
    Need a way to plan your stats and skills for Gemstone IV? Download my character planner!

    Newest Version: v2.6.5 (Released 12/13/2018
    Hymore Character Planner Topic at Player's Corner
    Hymore Character Planner: Releases
    Hymore Character Planner: Source Code

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    25,153
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default

    Armor Use..........................| 169 69

    >armor info
    Sindaras, your Armor Specialization training is as follows:


    Skill name Mnemonic Ranks
    Armored Fluidity fluidity 2


    Available Armor Training Points: 19
    Total Points converted during your current 30-day unlearning cycle: 150
    Number of days remaining in your current 30-day unlearning cycle: 15 days

    As for when, pre-20 I would just fixskills constantly, including CMAN, SHIELD, and ARMOR points.

    Skill Name: Armored Fluidity
    Mnemonic: fluidity
    Other Requirements: None.
    Available to: Paladins.
    Prerequisites:
    None
    Armor Point Cost:
    Rank 1: 20
    Rank 2: 30
    Rank 3: 40
    Rank 4: 50
    Rank 5: 60
    Description: Adjusts a person's armor so that they can cast spells more easily while wearing it. Reduces spell failure chance by 10% of the base spell failure chance per rank (all fractions dropped).

    So level 6? I think you'd have enough points with intra-level training to get your first rank.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Armor Use..........................| 169 69

    >armor info
    Sindaras, your Armor Specialization training is as follows:


    Skill name Mnemonic Ranks
    Armored Fluidity fluidity 2


    Available Armor Training Points: 19
    Total Points converted during your current 30-day unlearning cycle: 150
    Number of days remaining in your current 30-day unlearning cycle: 15 days

    As for when, pre-20 I would just fixskills constantly, including CMAN, SHIELD, and ARMOR points.

    Skill Name: Armored Fluidity
    Mnemonic: fluidity
    Other Requirements: None.
    Available to: Paladins.
    Prerequisites:
    None
    Armor Point Cost:
    Rank 1: 20
    Rank 2: 30
    Rank 3: 40
    Rank 4: 50
    Rank 5: 60
    Description: Adjusts a person's armor so that they can cast spells more easily while wearing it. Reduces spell failure chance by 10% of the base spell failure chance per rank (all fractions dropped).

    So level 6? I think you'd have enough points with intra-level training to get your first rank.

    Well, this confirms my suspicions. You see, Hymore always did 2x CMAN. Training in a combat maneuver has a restriction that you cannot spend more CMAN points than your level+1 on a single maneuver. I ran into this problem day 1 when the game refused to let me learn Surge at level 0. The fact that you can learn 2 ranks of Armor Fluidity at that level means that the Armor system has different rules. Since I didn't train as much in Armor or Shield, I just assumed those systems were the same and had the same restrictions. None of this is documented on the wiki (big surprise).

    I'll work on fixing the Armor section. I'm still not sure about Shield maneuvers but I'm learning towards them working like the CMANs but I could be wrong.
    Need a way to plan your stats and skills for Gemstone IV? Download my character planner!

    Newest Version: v2.6.5 (Released 12/13/2018
    Hymore Character Planner Topic at Player's Corner
    Hymore Character Planner: Releases
    Hymore Character Planner: Source Code

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    25,153
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hymore246 View Post
    Well, this confirms my suspicions. You see, Hymore always did 2x CMAN. Training in a combat maneuver has a restriction that you cannot spend more CMAN points than your level+1 on a single maneuver. I ran into this problem day 1 when the game refused to let me learn Surge at level 0. The fact that you can learn 2 ranks of Armor Fluidity at that level means that the Armor system has different rules. Since I didn't train as much in Armor or Shield, I just assumed those systems were the same and had the same restrictions. None of this is documented on the wiki (big surprise).

    I'll work on fixing the Armor section. I'm still not sure about Shield maneuvers but I'm learning towards them working like the CMANs but I could be wrong.
    Shields are limited in the same way that CMANs are, but you're correct in that ARMORMANs aren't. At least, not anything like CMANs and SHIELDMANs.
    Last edited by Fallen; 03-05-2018 at 08:58 PM.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

  6. Default

    I've updated the planner with the Armor Specialization fix.
    Need a way to plan your stats and skills for Gemstone IV? Download my character planner!

    Newest Version: v2.6.5 (Released 12/13/2018
    Hymore Character Planner Topic at Player's Corner
    Hymore Character Planner: Releases
    Hymore Character Planner: Source Code

  7. Default

    The Hymore Character Planner has been updated. Not much to add this time.

    -Version 2.6.5- (Date: 12/1/2018)
    PLANNER
    -Added more comments in various places

    DATABASE
    -Added Divine Incarnation (1650) to the Summation table


    This will be my final update to the planner. I have decided to put this game behind me completely and move on for reasons described below. The Github for the planner will remain up so if anyone wants to take my code and build upon it, feel free. That was one of the main goals of the planner after all. (LINK: https://github.com/Hymore246/GS4-Character-Planner)


    In January, I decided to stop playing Gemstone 4 because Simu was focusing too much on microtransactions and paid events. I kept up to date with the game and I hoped that Simu would reach a plateau on microtransactions and use that money to improve and/or expand the game. Looking back on this year, we had:
    - a few good updates (1750, 320)
    - some okay updates (bardsong improvements, permanent loresongs)
    - a few terrible updates (620 on metal armor, 1206)

    However, the vast majority of updates were only for paid content. I could forgive this if they made a significant update to the game like:
    - Disarm revamp to remove item loss
    - Adding Savants to the game
    - Fixing Throwing to be useable without a Returner
    - Completely revamp Pickpocketing to not be a waste of points

    But none of this has happened. Simu hasn't stopped pushing for more money and that money isn't making the game better. Worse, it is very clear that the GMs do not care about player feedback. Considering an offical forum "update" ended up deleting a lot of negative threads and that they control the main Discord and subreddit for the game, I am pretty sure they want to silence any critism about their choices and ban anyone who disagrees with them. This saddens me a lot. I wanted to come back, but I will not be part of a game that is this controlling and is so incredibly greedy for money. After the 1206 SK item at EG this year, I am convinced they are willing to hurt the game itself to make money.

    The Hymore Character Planner was the first piece of software I released publicly. I built it from the ground up with no knowledge of Python GUI design or Github hosting. I learned a lot over the 4 years I developed the planner and I am very proud of my work. I even discovered the formulas for Health, Health Regeneration, and Stamina Regeneration (all are on the wiki) which was a lot of work but was very satisfying to complete. At this point, I fully consider my planner to be the successor to the Tsoran Character Trainer. It does more, is open source, and isn't a Windows 95 spreadsheet kept alive by necromancy. Don't get me wrong, I like trainer. It was the reason I was able to play again after being gone 10+ years and it was the inspiration for my planner but a new program needed to take it's place. My planner isn't perfect but I think it does it's job well and considering the lack competition, I guess it wins by default!



    Anyway, I did pretty well in the game itself. I capped with Hymore and he was one of the very few Forest Gnome Rogues in the game. I also liked most of the people in the game community too. And so with that, I ask each of you to not spend too much money on Gemstone 4 and know when to cut your losses! I wish you guys well and thanks for supporting the planner!
    Need a way to plan your stats and skills for Gemstone IV? Download my character planner!

    Newest Version: v2.6.5 (Released 12/13/2018
    Hymore Character Planner Topic at Player's Corner
    Hymore Character Planner: Releases
    Hymore Character Planner: Source Code

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hymore246 View Post
    The Hymore Character Planner has been updated. Not much to add this time.

    -Version 2.6.5- (Date: 12/1/2018)
    PLANNER
    -Added more comments in various places

    DATABASE
    -Added Divine Incarnation (1650) to the Summation table


    This will be my final update to the planner. I have decided to put this game behind me completely and move on for reasons described below. The Github for the planner will remain up so if anyone wants to take my code and build upon it, feel free. That was one of the main goals of the planner after all. (LINK: https://github.com/Hymore246/GS4-Character-Planner)


    In January, I decided to stop playing Gemstone 4 because Simu was focusing too much on microtransactions and paid events. I kept up to date with the game and I hoped that Simu would reach a plateau on microtransactions and use that money to improve and/or expand the game. Looking back on this year, we had:
    - a few good updates (1750, 320)
    - some okay updates (bardsong improvements, permanent loresongs)
    - a few terrible updates (620 on metal armor, 1206)

    However, the vast majority of updates were only for paid content. I could forgive this if they made a significant update to the game like:
    - Disarm revamp to remove item loss
    - Adding Savants to the game
    - Fixing Throwing to be useable without a Returner
    - Completely revamp Pickpocketing to not be a waste of points

    But none of this has happened. Simu hasn't stopped pushing for more money and that money isn't making the game better. Worse, it is very clear that the GMs do not care about player feedback. Considering an offical forum "update" ended up deleting a lot of negative threads and that they control the main Discord and subreddit for the game, I am pretty sure they want to silence any critism about their choices and ban anyone who disagrees with them. This saddens me a lot. I wanted to come back, but I will not be part of a game that is this controlling and is so incredibly greedy for money. After the 1206 SK item at EG this year, I am convinced they are willing to hurt the game itself to make money.

    The Hymore Character Planner was the first piece of software I released publicly. I built it from the ground up with no knowledge of Python GUI design or Github hosting. I learned a lot over the 4 years I developed the planner and I am very proud of my work. I even discovered the formulas for Health, Health Regeneration, and Stamina Regeneration (all are on the wiki) which was a lot of work but was very satisfying to complete. At this point, I fully consider my planner to be the successor to the Tsoran Character Trainer. It does more, is open source, and isn't a Windows 95 spreadsheet kept alive by necromancy. Don't get me wrong, I like trainer. It was the reason I was able to play again after being gone 10+ years and it was the inspiration for my planner but a new program needed to take it's place. My planner isn't perfect but I think it does it's job well and considering the lack competition, I guess it wins by default!



    Anyway, I did pretty well in the game itself. I capped with Hymore and he was one of the very few Forest Gnome Rogues in the game. I also liked most of the people in the game community too. And so with that, I ask each of you to not spend too much money on Gemstone 4 and know when to cut your losses! I wish you guys well and thanks for supporting the planner!
    Hey man thanks for your time in adding a pretty useful addition to the game, I use your planner often.

    As for the game’s direction I agree with you and I’m certain there’s a huge silent majority that does as well. If there wasn’t a way for us to play the game for free (aka silver sales) then I think a large chunk of us will be joining you. So don’t feel like you’re alone on this. Thanks again, have fun in the next adventure.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •