Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: GS4 Character Planner v1.0

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nDrak View Post
    Hymore, Love the spreadsheet. It's absolutely excellent.
    Question: Does the DS calc part of the sheet take into account the parry DS of Brawling, as well as the off-hand DS, and Parry DS with 1214 and TWC when you have those skills?
    I'd call the planner more a GUI than a spreadsheet but whatever. The planner does include off-hand parry DS in the DS calculation provided you are not using a ranged weapon, a shield, or a runestaff and have at least one rank of TWC. The formula even goes so far as to give you the +15 parry DS if you are using a Main Gauche or bare handed with 0.5x TWC. 1214 has no baring on parry DS, it gives you a chance to outright parry attacks if you have a hand free.
    Need a way to plan your stats and skills for Gemstone IV? Download my character planner!

Newest Version: v2.6.5 (Released 12/13/2018)
    Hymore Character Planner Topic at Player's Corner
    Hymore Character Planner: Releases
    Hymore Character Planner: Source Code

2. Default

New version of the planner is up! Version notes below:

-Version 2.6.3- (Date: 12/1/2017)
    SKILLS PANEL
    -Fixed a bug that was preventing converted training points from unconverting

MANEUVERS PANEL
    -Added the Quickstrike maneuver back to the maneuver list. I didn't realize it was still in the game!

POSTCAP PANEL
    -Fixed a bug that was preventing converted training points from unconverting

LOADOUT PANEL
    -Fixed a bug that prevented existing effects from updating correctly
    -Fixed a bug that would cause the "Type" field to change to the wrong value when updating a "Katar" or "Katana, (One-handed)" gear
    -Fixed several bugs that were messing up the gear and efffects ordering menus
    -Added new effects: Disease Resistance (104), Poison Resistance (105), Faith's Clarity (1603), Rejuvenation (1607), Encumbrance Potion, Encumbrance Charm
    -In co-ordination with Arcane Symbols and Magic Item Use giving bonus CS when using items, I've added "Casting Strength (Arcane Symbols)" and "Casting Strength (Magic Item Use)" effects to the Special Abilities category and added two versions of the "Mystic Focus (1711)" effect: "Mystic Focus (1711) Arcane Symbols" and "Mystic Focus (1711) Magic Item Use".
    -Added the following effects for use as part of Spellburst calculations. They do not have any other function at this time:
    --Water Walking (112), Fasthr's Reward (115)
    --Unpresence (204), Purify Air (207)
    --Relieve Burden (314), Soul Ward (319)
    --Presence (402), Lock Pick Enhancement (403), Disarm Enhancement (404)
    --Foraging (603), Skinning (604), Whispering Willow (605), Sneaking (617)
    --Invisiblity (916)
    --Iron Skin (1202), Blink (1214)
    --Arm of the Arkati (1605)

PROGRESSION PANEL
    -Removed redudant code from multiple formulas to save space.
    -Spell effect with lore benefits now take profession into account when calculating bonuses and will only use 1/2 lore ranks for non-native major spell circles and 1/3 lore ranks for non-native profession spell circles
    -Vigor (1616) now counts toward spellburst
    -Fixed a bug that prevented Armor Blessing from working with the Bolt AS calculation
    -Added new formulas:
    --Roundtime & Qstrike Stamina Cost
    --Armor Use - Action & Roundtime Penalties
    --Armor Use - Spell Hindrance
    --Arcane Symbols - CS, Max Spell, Duration
    --Magic Item Use - CS, Max Spell, Duration
    --Lore Summations
    --Bard Spellsong Duration
    --Empath Imprint Chance & Max
    --Encumbrance
    --Redux
    --Resources - Maximums & Recovery

DATABASE
    -Added Summation table. This table tracks all the bonuses given from every Lore skill and is meant to be used with the Lore Summations formula.

The 10 new formulas added in this version are the biggest part of this update. This is the last set of formulas I plan to add to the Progression Panel for the time being. I'll give a run quick down of each formula:

PHYSICAL COMBAT
    Roundtime & Qstrike Stamina Cost: There are 3 subcategory versions of this formula: one for the weapon the character is currently equipped with, one for UAC, and one for Two-Weapon Combat. This formula will calculate the normal roundtime, aimed roundtime, and stamina cost to reduce attack roundtime by 1 second for whatever weapon(s)/uac attack the character is using. Ranged weapons also factor in the extra roundtime from hiding into the calculation.

PHYSICAL SKILLS
    Armor Use - Action & Roundtime Penalties: Using the character's equipped armor and Armor Use ranks, calculate the character's Armor Action Penalty and how much extra roundtime (if any) they have from thier armor.

Armor Use - Spell Hindrance: Shows the character's spell hindrance given their equipped armor and current Armor Use ranks. This formula is divided into multiple subcategories for each profession's spell circles in the same way as the Casting Strength formula.

MAGICAL SKILLS
    Arcane Symbols - CS, Max Spell, Duration: Calculates the bonus CS for using a scroll spell, the maximum readable/useable spell and the general duration (20 minutes + 1 minute per rank) of scroll spells.

Magic Item Use - CS, Max Spell, Duration: Same as above but for magic items. Also, the general duration is just for the normal RUB/DRINK/EAT activators, not RAISE or TAP.

Lore Summations: Given a character's training in a specific lore skill, calculate what extra benefits those lore ranks gives for every spell, ability, script (rot flares!), etc that involves that lore. It WILL take into consideration if a spell circle is not known to the character's profession. I pretty much went through the Lore Chart (https://gswiki.play.net/Lore_chart) and every lore page on the wiki to find every way the lores interact and added them to a new database table called Summations. This formula is divided into subcategories for each lore skill. In addition, I created two extra subcategories to handle instances where more than one lore is needed: "Spiritual Lore, Multiple" for Holy Receptical (325) and "Elemental Lore, Multiple" for anything that deals with the acid, lightning, and stream elements.

OTHER
    Bard Spellsong Duration: A simple formula that calculates how long bard songs last before they need renewed.

Empath Imprint Chance & Max: This is a last minute entry into the panel. Empaths rejoice! Now you can figure out how likely you are to successfully imprint on another player and how many players you can imprint at once.

Encumbrance: Measures the carry capacity of the character based on race, stats, armor weight, and encumbrance boosting effects such as Strength (509) and Armor Support. In addition, an over encumbered weight number is calculated from the character's weight. This value is how much weight it takes to move a character up 1% of over encumbrance when they have reached their maximum carry capacity.

Redux: Adds up all the redux points from a character's physical skills and calculates their redux percentage. This formula DOES include the Spell Research penalty. Special thanks go out to Brute and his redux.lic script. Thanks to the script, I was able to find a simpler way to calculate redux.

Resources - Maximums & Recovery: Resources refers to Health, Mana, Stamina and Spirit. Now you can know how much of each resource your character has at a given level, but also how quickly each one will regenerate!

With the Progression Panel in good shape, I'm turning my attention to creating a help menu that will explain everything about the planner from how to use it's features, to technical code break downs, to even some trivia about the planner. I'll also take this time to try to get the code into pip8 python coding standards. This means that I will be modifying the code to make it more readable and easier to follow. I shouldn't have to modify any of the planner's functionality (I hope) as I fix up the code.
    Need a way to plan your stats and skills for Gemstone IV? Download my character planner!

Can't get this to run, I unzipped and ran the executable and I'm getting this error. I've downloaded an older version and had the same issues. Anyone have similar issues?
    Last edited by Drew; 01-17-2018 at 12:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Drew's priorities - Merchanting > Roleplaying > Cybering > Being AFK > Cybering > Hunting
    (wrathbringer78) I think that's it. Viril is one big obnoxious ambient script.

Really not a fan of the chart for stats. Is it possible to just calculate a level or see it in tabular format?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SpiffyJr View Post
    Really not a fan of the chart for stats. Is it possible to just calculate a level or see it in tabular format?
    Unfortunately, no. I chose a chart format for progress panel because the formulas can generate a huge number of data points.

Best advice I can give you is to click on a point on the chart to see a formula breakdown for that specific level. The details will appear in the lower right box.

Default Max Skills at a Given Level

This might be a relatively basic question or something I missed, but why doesn't the character planner allow me to train to the same level as I can in GS for a given skill?

For instance, my warrior is level 53 and is trained 2x in THW. In game, I can have 110 total ranks at level 53 (2x per level = 106 + 4 ranks at level 0 = 110), but the character planner only allows me to go to 108.

Thanks for the clarification.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lexbubba View Post
    This might be a relatively basic question or something I missed, but why doesn't the character planner allow me to train to the same level as I can in GS for a given skill?

For instance, my warrior is level 53 and is trained 2x in THW. In game, I can have 110 total ranks at level 53 (2x per level = 106 + 4 ranks at level 0 = 110), but the character planner only allows me to go to 108.

Thanks for the clarification.
    This is due to the planner following GS3 logic when it comes to skill ranks (108 ranks is 2 * 54. 53 levels + level 0). GS4 lets you "train ahead" a level in skills, hence why you can have 4 ranks in a 2x skill at level 0 instead of just 2 ranks but you will only have 202 ranks at level 100. I recently fixed a TP bug dealing with this so I think in the next build I'll try to get it to do the train ahead thing the game does.

Quote Originally Posted by Hymore246 View Post
    This is due to the planner following GS3 logic when it comes to skill ranks (108 ranks is 2 * 54. 53 levels + level 0). GS4 lets you "train ahead" a level in skills, hence why you can have 4 ranks in a 2x skill at level 0 instead of just 2 ranks but you will only have 202 ranks at level 100. I recently fixed a TP bug dealing with this so I think in the next build I'll try to get it to do the train ahead thing the game does.
    Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. Looking forward to that update down the road.

There's a bug with armor only allowing you to enter two digits. Unfortunately, my adamantine plate is 110 lbs so I wasn't able to enter it.
    It must be hard to type with ghostcrawlers penis lodged in your ass. - g++

Quote Originally Posted by SpiffyJr View Post
    There's a bug with armor only allowing you to enter two digits. Unfortunately, my adamantine plate is 110 lbs so I wasn't able to enter it.
    110lbs, holy shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Drew's priorities - Merchanting > Roleplaying > Cybering > Being AFK > Cybering > Hunting
    (wrathbringer78) I think that's it. Viril is one big obnoxious ambient script.