Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: GS4 Character Planner v1.0

Yea, it's max light too... and I'm a halfling. Hah!
    It must be hard to type with ghostcrawlers penis lodged in your ass. - g++

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SpiffyJr View Post
    There's a bug with armor only allowing you to enter two digits. Unfortunately, my adamantine plate is 110 lbs so I wasn't able to enter it.
    Holy crap that's some heavy armor! I didn't realize armor weight could go into 3 digits. Next update will let you enter up to 999 lb for the weight. So as long as you don't upgrade to dark matter full plate everything should be fine.
    Need a way to plan your stats and skills for Gemstone IV? Download my character planner!

Newest Version: v2.6.5 (Released 12/13/2018)
    Hymore Character Planner Topic at Player's Corner
    Hymore Character Planner: Releases
    Hymore Character Planner: Source Code

It was 138 lbs off the shelf. Hah!
    It must be hard to type with ghostcrawlers penis lodged in your ass. - g++

4. Default

Too funny, the Halfling wearing that adamantine full plate looks like he weighs only 132 pounds.

5. Default

-Version 2.6.4- (Date: 1/27/2017)

PLANNER
    -Added some rudimentary error handling for the planner. If the planner crashes, it will attempt to write a stack trace of the error to "error log.txt" and if the planner was run via a command prompt it will print the stack trace to the prompt as well. Hopefully, this will allow for better debugging when the planner encounters a problem.

SKILLS PANEL
    -Characters can "training ahead" in skills by one level. For example, a Warrior could train in One-handed Edged 4 times at level 0 with the cost being 12/6 (2/1 + 2/1 + 4/2 +4/2)
    -When training for a set number of ranks in a skill (as opposed to training a set rate (1x, 2.5x, etc)), the planner will attempt to "front load" the skill ranks in a cost effect manner instead of unnecessary spreading the ranks out across the level range.

LOADOUT PANEL
    -Maximum weight for all Gear is now 999 lb.

Just a few bug fixes in this build.
    Need a way to plan your stats and skills for Gemstone IV? Download my character planner!

I download and unzip the 2.6.4 version, it still says 2.6.3 at the top of the window when i open it.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lexbubba View Post
    I download and unzip the 2.6.4 version, it still says 2.6.3 at the top of the window when i open it.
    Whoops! I made all those improvements but forgot to update the version number. I've updated the number and resubmitted to Github.

Thanks for all your work and quick turnarounds Hymore!

Blog Entries

For Paladins, I can't get armor skills to calculate correctly. I put in 5 ranks and it will give me one and not assign the free points into the rest of the skills. Other than that, seems to work great. Thanks for the planner!
    Last edited by Fallen; 03-04-2018 at 02:30 PM.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    For Paladins, I can't get armor skills to calculate correctly. I put in 5 ranks and it will give me one and not assign the free points into the rest of the skills. Other than that, seems to work great. Thanks for the planner!
    Just to be clear, you are saying that the Armor Specializations on the Maneuvers tab are not calculating correctly or is the Armor Use skill is making the Skills Panel act up?

Also, if you haven't done so already, make sure to go back in click Calculate Build on the Skills Panel before doing the calculations on the Maneuvers Panel. The planner doesn't know you've made skill changes unless you Calculate Build again. I've made this mistake A LOT while testing the planner by forgetting to recalculate after making changes.