Thread: locksmithing pool

Default locksmithing pool

Does this technique stop the person unlocking the box from taking extra stuff like a gem here and there or somehow more than however much you pay the attendant for?
    Because opening 30 lvl 100 boxes seemed off today, 20k and a couple of gems at 10 percent.
    I don't tip ten percent usually it's just a way easier decimal to calculate when you don't have an education. Ta

No one else can take things from the box other than the person putting the box into the pool. Locksmith can only disarm (keep scarabs that drop off the box) and pick the box. They can destroy the box or plinite depending on the trap or if they fail and blow up the plinite.

So only trap components and scarabs can be taken and nothing else.

Thats reassuring to know. I guess I've maxed out my loot for the month or whatever that is. Thanks for the input, really appreciate it.

You can also tip a flat amount per box if you don't want to tip a percent. I'd suggest 50% of coins, or 1000-2000 per box if you're bringing in difficult boxes to open. If you're capped hunting, either of those is a big savings from the town locksmith.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Also, it seems like there's a bug in the system. I often have one box of a dozen or so that sits in the system for hours, but the rest are picked promptly.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    You can also tip a flat amount per box if you don't want to tip a percent. I'd suggest 50% of coins, or 1000-2000 per box if you're bringing in difficult boxes to open. If you're capped hunting, either of those is a big savings from the town locksmith.

How would you know if they are difficult? my level 20ish rogue often gets nelemar and sos boxes. also 1000-2000 a box nelemar boxes esp.. even set at 25% of value often only leaves the attendant about 450 coins.

It clearly states that boxes with the bigger tips on them will be distributed out first. Perhaps the ones that get stuck in the system have an uncommon trap that not every rogue is capable of doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    Also, it seems like there's a bug in the system. I often have one box of a dozen or so that sits in the system for hours, but the rest are picked promptly.
    I will typically put my full picking enhancives here and there when no boxes are available and find boxes around -1400. But it’s typically only 2 or 3 every other day. That could be the boxes that sit in there since I don’t think people typically use enhancives for picking the pool. Highest box I ever found in the pool is -1625.

Quote Originally Posted by Realk View Post
    How would you know if they are difficult? my level 20ish rogue often gets nelemar and sos boxes. also 1000-2000 a box nelemar boxes esp.. even set at 25% of value often only leaves the attendant about 450 coins.

It clearly states that boxes with the bigger tips on them will be distributed out first. Perhaps the ones that get stuck in the system have an uncommon trap that not every rogue is capable of doing.
    I don't know how difficult they are. I just tip 2000 and it all averages out. If I hunted somewhere where the boxes were shit I suppose I'd tip less.