Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: problems installing lich

Well, I'm another newbie needing help. Tonight I logged on as normal, and all of a sudden I couldn't connect to ;lnet nor could I run bigshot because I don't have a map database anymore?

I uninstalled everything multiple times. I have installed ruby4lich, and installed lich 4.6.52 about a half dozen times. When I log back into gemstone I get a repository error when it first loads up. I can't run any movement apps like ;narost or ;go2 because I have no map database, and I can't use ;lnet. It says it'll try restarting after 299 seconds.

Any ideas?

This is what is says when I log in:
    --- Lich: alias service started
    --- Lich: lnet active.
    --- Lich: repository active.
    [repository: error: unrecognized command. Try ;repository help]
    --- Lich: repository has exited.
    [lnet: connection lost]
    [lnet: waiting 299 seconds before trying to reconnect...]

and when I try to use ;go2:
    >;go2 bank
    --- Lich: go2 active.
    --- Lich: error: no map database found
    [go2: error: your current room was not found in the map database]
    --- Lich: go2 has exited.

I solved the map database issue by ;repo download-mapdb about an hour after I posted this. I still can't figure out the lnet problem. Please help, and thank you.
    Last edited by Donaven; 06-18-2020 at 01:21 AM.

2. Default

lich error.jpg

Finally got all the ruby stuff sorted out, and now I'm getting this error. I've moved Lich, deleted and reinstalled lich, done a search for lich.exe...I'm at a bit of a loss. Running windows 10 64 bit home edition if that makes a difference.

3. Default

*solved*
    Last edited by MadHatter; 07-22-2020 at 10:37 PM.

Anyone have the contents of their gem.bat and gem.cmd files that they'd post here? I keep getting an error that gem.cmd or gem.bat cannot be found in my directory. Gem.cmd is definitely there but I'm still stuck at it trying to install sqlite3. Maybe manually making the file it wants will help move me along.
    Last edited by heguo; 07-29-2020 at 02:13 PM.

For any who may be curious, I managed to solve the problem. I had to manually download Ruby 2.6.6-1 (x86) and then install sqlite 3 and gtk2. Once I did that, I rebooted, set the rubyw file in the Ruby26 folder to run in Win 7 compatibility mode, and it worked.