Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: problems installing lich

1. Default

I tried installing lich and I keep getting the loop,when I go to run the command promt I get this:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>c:\ruby200\bin\ruby.exe -v
    ruby 2.0.0p643 (2015-02-25) [i386-mingw32]

C:\Windows\system32>c:\ruby200\bin\gem.bat install sqlite3 --source http://rubyg
    ems.org --no-ri --no-rdoc
    ERROR: Error installing sqlite3:
    The 'sqlite3' native gem requires installed build tools.

Please update your PATH to include build tools or download the DevKit
    from 'http://rubyinstaller.org/downloads' and follow the instructions
    at 'http://github.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller/wiki/Development-Kit'

C:\Windows\system32>

Any help would be amazing,and thank you in advance

Looks like you used the instructions on the lichproject.org website. My advice:

Uninstall 2.0.0 (control panel app)
    Delete remnant 2.0.0 directory
    Might as well get rid of the old devkit, it won't do any good with newer rubies
    Download this installer
    - If you've been in game, uncheck the SIMU software, you don't need it again..
    - If you've already downloaded Lich from lichproject.org you can uncheck that, too.
    The installer shows DOS windows while working. The last one takes a while - let it run, it will close automatically.
    When done, go to your LICH folder and doubleclick lich.rbw to start.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Looks like you used the instructions on the lichproject.org website. My advice:

Uninstall 2.0.0 (control panel app)
    Delete remnant 2.0.0 directory
    Might as well get rid of the old devkit, it won't do any good with newer rubies
    Download this installer
    - If you've been in game, uncheck the SIMU software, you don't need it again..
    - If you've already downloaded Lich from lichproject.org you can uncheck that, too.
    The installer shows DOS windows while working. The last one takes a while - let it run, it will close automatically.
    When done, go to your LICH folder and doubleclick lich.rbw to start.

I use this installer currently,but I can not run the Narost because it said that it isnt available with this ruby version. I have no clue how to fix that at all. I assumed going back to an older version would work but then I get stuck in the loop

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn822 View Post
    I use this installer currently,but I can not run the Narost because it said that it isnt available with this ruby version. I have no clue how to fix that at all. I assumed going back to an older version would work but then I get stuck in the loop
    At a guess, you probably still have a different / older version of Ruby installed on your system. If you can't find it, probably best to drop by the official Discord, and in #help or #scripting, see if you can dig someone up to assist. The installer was built by Doug. Should be easy enough to track Doug down and start asking questions.

Delete it all, start with the download link. Erase ruby, lich, whatever. Then go from there.
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

I'm having some issues getting the game to load. I've deleted everything and reinstalled multiple times. I can open lich, login to my account, click on the character I want. When I go to launch the game nothing happens. I'm at a loss as to what to do next. I can connect without lich through the website. Anyone have any ideas?

Blog Entries

Maybe an error or permission popup somewhere that's hidden by other windows? Check the task manager to see if it's open, and maybe event viewer to see if it crashed.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

When I run it with task manager open it shows Lich open, but when I try to connect nothing pops up in task manager. Event viewer is no help either. Ran it with everything else closed to make sure there was no popups, still wouldnt connect.

Edit: I installed Wizard FE, couldn't get in with that, then tried stormfront again and got it. Weird.
    Last edited by Shabar; 04-02-2020 at 05:38 PM.

Blog Entries

I had multiple issues with a fresh install of lich, and after a few restarts, re-installs, and smacks it just decided to start working. Lich is weird sometimes.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

10. Default

I'm having issues as well. Installed Ruby4Lich for the very 1st time and never had any version of Ruby. I unchecked all of the Simu installs since I have Stormfront installed already. But once things are finished, I go into my Ruby4Lich folder and there is no lich.rbw file. The only files I see are LICENSE.txt, and 4 unins files and everything else is a folder. I checked as many folders as I could but nothing. If I go to Add Remove programs, I see Ruby 2.5.5-1x86 and Ruby4Lich version Ruby 2.5.5-x86. I uninstalled Lich already per the comments here and reinstalling didn't change anything.