Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: problems installing lich

I had that problem with enchantnotes too when we updated to the newer lich/ruby. I think it was just a matter of removing one of the first lines or something like that. But yea, I believe the :repo has an updated version anyway.

2. Default

So I'm having the same problem here. I got sqlite3 to install via command prompt. Ruby is still hanging up on installing stk2 now. I tried running identical lines and just subbing out sqlite3 for stk2 in cmd. It did not work. Any suggestions?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by crabbie View Post
    So I'm having the same problem here. I got sqlite3 to install via command prompt. Ruby is still hanging up on installing stk2 now. I tried running identical lines and just subbing out sqlite3 for stk2 in cmd. It did not work. Any suggestions?
    I can't help you. You're crabbie.

*I know nothing about these problems*

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JackWhisper View Post
    I can't help you. You're crabbie.

*I know nothing about these problems*
    It's ok. I hope someone might have an answer :/ I just came back from a long break. I don't remember these many problems installing lich last time.

5. Default

It's ok. I hope someone might have an answer :/ I just came back from a long break. I don't remember these many problems installing lich last time.
    He just updated the Ruby type. I had to uninstall it ALL, and reinstall it step by step specifically from scratch, for it to work.

6. Default

you mean for the stk2? I did get the sqlite3 to install. Was hoping I could install stk2 the same way. I just don't know the command.

7. Default

I'm sorry. I'm a bit confused as to what I am doing here.

8. Default

Ok! So I got it to work. I meant gtk2 not stk2. It was looping on the install just like SQLite3. I used the command "c:\ruby200\bin\gem.bat install g2k2 --source http://rubygems.org". Everything seems to be launching fine.

Thank you for the information posted here! and sorry for posting something and figuring it out on my own like that. Don't mean to waste anyone's time. Thank you again.
    Last edited by crabbie; 03-10-2015 at 12:16 PM.

9. Default

Ok! So I got it to work. I meant gtk2 not stk2. It was looping on the install just like SQLite3. I used the command "c:\ruby200\bin\gem.bat install g2k2 --source http://rubygems.org". Everything seems to be launching fine.

Thank you for the information posted here! and sorry for posting something and figuring it out on my own like that. Don't mean to waste anyone's time. Thank you again.
    Not a waste. Every problem that is troubleshot and solved, whether from an outside source, or internally, is great when it's posted.

One more situation people have happen to them, and see a thread fixing it.

Blog Entries

I had this problem because I installed the newest version of Ruby, which was 2.2.1. Deleting that one and installing the correct (older) version corrected this issue. Just a heads up for anyone seeing this problem in the future and may have made a similar mistake.
    Last edited by Fallen; 03-21-2015 at 05:57 PM.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites