Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: So what's going on?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I blame Caitlyn Jenner
    FTFY.

I wouldn't be surprised if the person who hacked the forums is the same one subjecting the site to DDOS attacks, which even to this day keep happening.

Whoever it is seems to be getting more and more desperate. I continue to maintain the anti-DDOS proxies to mitigate that issue and have no plan to turn it off in the near future, as for gaining access to the forums, it's possible it was done through a vBulletin exploit. The issue is in the past when the hosting provider attempted to upgrade vBulletin to the latest 4.xx, it always fails for some reason, and several attempts have been made. So the solution for this incident is to upgrade to vBulletin 5 which is being scheduled.

But who knows what other tricks this person has up their sleeves. They do seem pretty committed and rather dedicated given that they continue to try to DDOS the site even with the proxy enabled.

3. Default

How about Tillmen for admin?

Blog Entries

I think Tillmen would be a good admin actually and probably more acceptable to other posters than anyone else who is a current member.
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kranar View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the person who hacked the forums is the same one subjecting the site to DDOS attacks, which even to this day keep happening.

Whoever it is seems to be getting more and more desperate. I continue to maintain the anti-DDOS proxies to mitigate that issue and have no plan to turn it off in the near future, as for gaining access to the forums, it's possible it was done through a vBulletin exploit. The issue is in the past when the hosting provider attempted to upgrade vBulletin to the latest 4.xx, it always fails for some reason, and several attempts have been made. So the solution for this incident is to upgrade to vBulletin 5 which is being scheduled.

But who knows what other tricks this person has up their sleeves. They do seem pretty committed and rather dedicated given that they continue to try to DDOS the site even with the proxy enabled.
    So..... what you're saying is....

Candor is the hacker?

In my own little world where everybody knows me.

Bunch of fucking nerds

Blog Entries

Could someone summarize what exactly happened? I missed the disturbance other than Tapatalk not being able to load the website for a bit last night.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Could someone summarize what exactly happened? I missed the disturbance other than Tapatalk not being able to load the website for a bit last night.
    Someone got admin access and put up banner ads and shit. Then they put up the one that locks content until you do surveys and shit. It was removed once for about 5 minutes and then came back, then the website went into maintenance.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

9. Default

Vbulletin 5 incoming.

Blog Entries

Someone got admin access and put up banner ads and shit. Then they put up the one that locks content until you do surveys and shit. It was removed once for about 5 minutes and then came back, then the website went into maintenance.
    Heh. That's a fairly tame hack, but i'm glad it's going to lead to more security in the future.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites