Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So what's going on?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default So what's going on?

Are the forums down due to ddos attacks or lack of bandwidth?

Is there something we can do to help keep them up?
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Clearly isis hates our way of life and our freedom on the PC. Unless 200m is paid, they will continue their assault on the PC.
    Last edited by SHAFT; 01-20-2015 at 11:54 AM.

The forums have been under a constant DDOS attack, in fact it's still being attacked as we speak. It's happened several times before but never this big and for a sustained period of time. Guess this site really pissed someone off.

Anyways, to mitigate the effect of the attack I basically contracted a third party to install some DDOS blocking proxies. It will prevent DDOS attacks of up to 10 Gbps. The current attack right now got as high as 2 Gbps so we should be fine for the time being. If the DDOS attack does increase to beyond 10 Gbps there are plans available to add additional protection and it should only take a couple of hours to update further.

I would have had this issue fixed sooner but the long weekend and all kind of slowed things down.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kranar View Post
    The forums have been under a constant DDOS attack, in fact it's still being attacked as we speak. It's happened several times before but never this big and for a sustained period of time. Guess this site really pissed someone off.

Anyways, to mitigate the effect of the attack I basically contracted a third party to install some DDOS blocking proxies. It will prevent DDOS attacks of up to 10 Gbps. The current attack right now got as high as 2 Gbps so we should be fine for the time being. If the DDOS attack does increase to beyond 10 Gbps there are plans available to add additional protection and it should only take a couple of hours to update further.

I would have had this issue fixed sooner but the long weekend and all kind of slowed things down.
    I can't imagine it is just some random person.

Blog Entries

I've said it before but it bears repeating: you are the man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

I was just about to thank you for everything when the site went down again :/

Another attack?

Thank you for everything that you do to keep PC running, Kranar.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I was just about to thank you for everything when the site went down again :/

Another attack?

Thank you for everything that you do to keep PC running, Kranar.
    Not another attack, just some problems getting this anti-DDOS proxy set up. I don't think I ever anticipated someone actually wanting to DDOS this site so heavily before so never prepared for it.

I hope that all issues are resolved now but there could be some inconveniences for the remainder of the day.

Not another attack, just some problems getting this anti-DDOS proxy set up. I don't think I ever anticipated someone actually wanting to DDOS this site so heavily before so never prepared for it.

I hope that all issues are resolved now but there could be some inconveniences for the remainder of the day.
    Must be someone who was really pissed off at GS and SIMU in general, since they were suffering from some issues as well, that look to be related (from my outsider's POV, at least)

9. Default

Thanks for all your work.

Thanks very much for taking the time to explain. It's nice just to know what's going on.