Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halfling Ranger 30 days

Default Halfling Ranger 30 days

So my 30 days is almost up and I wanted to get some opinions on where to place my stats. Here is what I am looking at right now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

STR: 83
    CON: 63
    DEX: 63
    AGL: 62
    DIS: 77
    AUR: 82
    LOG: 85
    INT: 63
    WIS: 62
    INF: 20

Everyone is rolling up a halfing ranger these days, I'm no longer unique

Do you want to go for max stats at growth or do you care more about training points?

We're all following your lead! I just like halflings in fantasy and rangers sounded pretty cool. Anyways, I just want to make sure I'm not screwing myself for later and will be able to play without wanting to shoot myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Peppwyn View Post
    We're all following your lead! I just like halflings in fantasy and rangers sounded pretty cool. Anyways, I just want to make sure I'm not screwing myself for later and will be able to play without wanting to shoot myself.
    Naww, pretty hard to mess up so bad in this game that you won't be able to progress. If anything your skills would prevent you from progressing and there is always a fixskills potion which isn't nearly as expensive as a fixstats potion plus our annual fixskills.

Plus after your 30 days you get one free fixskills as well even though this won't show up when you type SKILLS.

The only real question is do you want max stats at cap which would give you less training points at cap and might be more of a headache for the first 50 levels or so, or do you just want more training points at cap and you don't really care about max stats?

Most people opt for max stats but it's up to you.

I think probably max training points to make my adventure towards cap easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Peppwyn View Post
    I think probably max training points to make my adventure towards cap easier.
    Well you can use this site to see what your stats and training points would look like at cap:

http://cmnservicesgroup.com/lostranger/a-growth-gs4.php

Assuming the stats you posted are your level 0 stats (which I'm sure they are with influence being 20) a halfling ranger with your stats at cap it would look like this:

http://cmnservicesgroup.com/lostrang...te+Stat+Growth

Which actually already has stats set for max at cap, except for influence anyways.

If you don't mind losing a total of 56 training points at cap (which is almost nothing at cap) you could tweak your stats slightly to have 100's in everything and an 80 in influence. That's how my halfling ranger is setup and he's level now 98 and I've never had a problem with him.

To do that your starting stats would look like this:

Code:
        Strength (STR): 73
    Constitution (CON): 62
       Dexterity (DEX): 30
         Agility (AGI): 62
      Discipline (DIS): 77
            Aura (AUR): 82
           Logic (LOG): 85
       Intuition (INT): 62
          Wisdom (WIS): 62
       Influence (INF): 65
    If you're more concerned with training points though you could pump your prime stats up, dex and int, because prime stats count as double for training points.

Really appreciate the feedback!

It's humorous finding old posts regarding "which ranger race to choose" and while people have varying opinions, several times halflings are listed as a race to NOT choose no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Alashir View Post
    several times halflings are listed as a race to NOT choose no matter what.
    Those people suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Alashir View Post
    It's humorous finding old posts regarding "which ranger race to choose" and while people have varying opinions, several times halflings are listed as a race to NOT choose no matter what.
    People are kind of funny, halflings are one of the most OP races in the game.
    [LNet]-GSIV:Lysistrata: "And I'm pretty perfect sooooo... What can I say. I'm dedicated. (To Jeril's cock.)"