Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: White Kid Gets Mugged, Blames His Privilege

Default White Kid Gets Mugged, Blames His Privilege

STUDENT ROBBED AT GUNPOINT, SAYS HE DESERVED IT DUE TO HIS 'PRIVILEGE'

Predictions:

Back will agree.

WB could go either way.

TheE would have tried to talk them out of it and then leave if they seemed adverse to such advice.

wayward will cream his pants because it's a breitbart link.

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/6224510?utm_hp_ref=uk
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    STUDENT ROBBED AT GUNPOINT, SAYS HE DESERVED IT DUE TO HIS 'PRIVILEGE'

Predictions:

Back will agree.

WB could go either way.

TheE would have tried to talk them out of it and then leave if they seemed adverse to such advice.

wayward will cream his pants because it's a breitbart link.

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/6224510?utm_hp_ref=uk

Ok.. a few things..

"While I don’t know what exactly they needed the money for, I do know that I’ve never once had to think about going out on a Saturday night to mug people. I had never before seen a gun, let alone known where to get one. The fact that these two kids, who appeared younger than I, have even had to entertain these questions suggests their universes are light years away from mine."
    The first part of the bold statement I could maybe understand. But the second part... he has NEVER heard of Gun Stores? Or an Army and Navy? Kid's delusional.

"When I walk around at 2 a.m., nobody looks at me suspiciously, and police don’t ask me any questions. I wonder if our attackers could say the same.
    Does he walk around in gang colors, or in thug attire? I usually don't look twice at someone dressed normally, but I keep an eye on anyway that looks like they just got out of a rap video.

Seriously tho.. this kid is messed up in the head. I wonder if he realizes that if he feels that strongly that he is "privileged" he could .. I don't know.. give his shit away? NOT go to GU?

It's like that Johnson and Johnson kid.. who did the documentary on "Rich People". He's... wait for it... Rich. Did he give all his money away? Of course not. They don't do that till they die. They LIKE being privileged. I mean.. who WANTS to be poor?
    Last edited by Jarvan; 11-30-2014 at 05:43 AM.
    This space for sale.

We have to count our blessings that we enjoy freedom of speech without fear of oppression in this county.
    (When you can't answer a question for fear of making you or your savior look bad)

3. Default

I'm not sure how the logic ever crosses over from observing the realities of inequality to excusing the behavior of individuals who would commit crimes against others.

Why would anyone believe that this mugging ever occurred?

Quote Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
    I'm not sure how the logic ever crosses over from observing the realities of inequality to excusing the behavior of individuals who would commit crimes against others.
    It's very easy. All you have to do is misrepresent the person you're reporting on (usually to further your own agenda) and train an audience to believe you. If you read the actual op-ed by Mr. Friedfeld, he doesn't explicitly excuse anything. He refers to the incident as being "mugged" and to his attackers as "attackers" - suggesting that he isn't implicitly excusing them either. His point is that people shouldn't characterize his attackers as "thugs, criminals, and bad people". Do you think it's a coincidence that the same people who do that characterizing are the ones who are misrepresenting him?
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    It's very easy. All you have to do is misrepresent the person you're reporting on (usually to further your own agenda) and train an audience to believe you. If you read the actual op-ed by Mr. Friedfeld, he doesn't explicitly excuse anything. He refers to the incident as being "mugged" and to his attackers as "attackers" - suggesting that he isn't implicitly excusing them either. His point is that people shouldn't characterize his attackers as "thugs, criminals, and bad people". Do you think it's a coincidence that the same people who do that characterizing are the ones who are misrepresenting him?
    I'm sorry that you got mugged. How much did they take from you? They didn't take your camera did they?

If you had thought to strike up a conversation about basketball they probably would have forgotten they were even mugging you. Especially once you broke out the charts and graphs!

Live and learn, Latrin. Live and learn.
    Last edited by Methais; 11-30-2014 at 12:18 PM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I'm sorry that you got mugged. How much did they take from you? They didn't take your camera did they?

If you had thought to strike up a conversation about basketball they probably would have forgotten they were even mugging you!

Live and learn, Latrin. Live and learn.
    Since you bring it up I was mugged, however in my case (hate crime rather than economic) I can be reasonably certain it was because they were bad people. It is true that when I try to have a conversation with people they tend to leave, but alas, there was no opportunity to do so.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

That dude has enough white guilt for 100 white people.

Assuming the kid was actually mugged and he isn't just making up this story to further his stupid lame point, did anyone bother to mention to him that millionaires have been caught lying, cheating, stealing and even beating up/killing their significant others?

Oh, wait, that sort of blows his whole theory out of the water that only desperate people do shit like this and if we just gave everyone more money then crimes like these would go away

It also sort of makes Latrin look silly for defending his stupid actions. Twofer!
    Last edited by Tgo01; 11-30-2014 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    Since you bring it up I was mugged, however in my case (hate crime rather than economic) I can be reasonably certain it was because they were bad people. It is true that when I try to have a conversation with people they tend to leave, but alas, there was no opportunity to do so.
    Were they black?

I got mugged by a black dude in Atlantic City once when I was 11.

It wasn't my fault, he was just a piece of shit.

He was also stupid, because all he got from me was a half roll of quarters when I had 2 more rolls in my pocket.

There was a lot of arcades on the Boardwalk back then. I bet they suck now.