Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Interesting Challenge - Travel Script for the Blind

Hell, I'm banking on being able to have my brain implanted into a robot before my meatsack fails me!

2. Default

They won't release robots with self-esteem that low until wayyyy after you die, Tenlaar.

Quote Originally Posted by LivderaDeralleur View Post
    So - this makes sense. Though would I have to be logged into the website already to make this work? I notice there was a character name as one of the variables for the lich command line, so I imagine it'd have to have credentials somehow to launch.

And re: moving on, etc., and not being able to live without vision. You get used to it. You have your pity party in the beginning and then you move on - nothing to be done about it. I'm just glad I can still play GSIV and some other web-based games. As it is the only things I find myself missing are the graphical based sim games I used to play - Civilization, Age of Empires, Zoo Tycoon, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Sim City and The Sims. That and Legend of Zelda and Final Fantasy. I get a little twinge of nostalgia now and again, though science is advancing so fast that - who knows - I may be able to play them again in my lifetime. I'm still quite young.
    The first time you run Lich you can tell it to save the credentials, you do not have to log in through the website, it's done via the GTK interface.

I doubt your screen reader will play nicely with GTK, but if you had someone help you set it up once it should be good.

If some of the more magnanimous scripters out there are really looking at writing scripts to help, someone could help her install mpg123 to her $PATH on her computer and you can write Lich scripts that would talk to her.

I went ahead and patched the tts gem to function on Windows a bit ago for my own personal use (My computer yells, "Danger Will Robinson" if I am below 30% health for example), but you can copy this into a Lich script and do the same: https://gist.github.com/ondreian/a57ab383c2e300582837

It uses the Google TTS api to generate a temporary sound file for your use to read off whatever via mpg123 (beware if you have a slow internet connection)
    Discord: Ondreian#3875

I have turned PMs off on these forums, if you want to chat, use Discord to contact me.

knifty