Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lords of the Fallen

Blog Entries

Default Lords of the Fallen

Anyone picking this game up? Unfortunately, it looks like the review embargo extended all the way until the 28th (release date), so you'll need to jump in blind if you want to bother with pre-order bonuses. I grabbed it on PC. It is supposed to be somewhat like Dark Souls, so you can't really go wrong there.

Here is a vid with a good deal of gameplay.

Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Blog Entries

Nobody cares about your bosses.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

usually when a movie isn't released for professional review it means it sucks donkey balls. not sure if it's the same for games
    PB: One day you'll need this number: 988.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Allereli View Post
    usually when a movie isn't released for professional review it means it sucks donkey balls. not sure if it's the same for games
    No. It isn't. It is a new trend.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    No. It isn't. It is a new trend.
    Gonna have to disagree with Jellystone here. If there is a review embargo, there is a reason, and that reason usually involves early negative press impacting preorders. In general, a review embargo means the game has a chance of being shitty.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Gonna have to disagree with Jellystone here. If there is a review embargo, there is a reason, and that reason usually involves early negative press impacting preorders. In general, a review embargo means the game has a chance of being shitty.
    Eh, I'll disagree with you. Some publishers just have review embargoes all the time. This publishers may or may not have put out shitty games at points, but the purpose of a lot of these embargoes is due to there being no reason to allow reviews prior to release. If it is good, well, you get a few preorders a few days prior. If it is bad, you get less sales. If you allow none, fans will still preorder, and your launch day sales won't be as effected.

Especially with less people caring about reviews nowadays.

Blog Entries

Eh, I used to agree with that, but I am going to side with Gelston on this one. Having an embargo on your review builds up guaranteed clicks/coverage on your game at the day it releases. Look at Sunset Overdrive. Review embargo lifted 24 hours before release. It is being well reviewed.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Blog Entries

An addendum to my post, less people care about *good* reviews these days. Everyone always claims that reviewers are bought. A bad review will tank you though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    A bad review will tank you though.
    That was my point. When there's an embargo, reviews won't come out until release day or sometime afterwards. Publishers are really focusing on preorders now, it's why more and more games have some sort of bonus for doing so. People will always preorder, but a bad review prior to release will cause some to cancel or think twice about preordering.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    That was my point. When there's an embargo, reviews won't come out until release day or sometime afterwards. Publishers are really focusing on preorders now, it's why more and more games have some sort of bonus for doing so. People will always preorder, but a bad review prior to release will cause some to cancel or think twice about preordering.
    I understand your point, and it may have used to have been valid... But not so much anymore. There is no reason for them to allow reviews prior to release anymore, because good reviews mean nothing.