Thread: Necropolis guide, brief and not comprehensive

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Necropolis guide, brief and not comprehensive

2019 Update -- includes how to find it.

This is based on the high-level instance only. I don't know what's different in the others.

• 2016 update: ;go2 necropolis to get to the staging area. Pay 25 (twice) to drop in. You need 25 redeemed tickets (from digging, DG, etc.)
    • You can leave without finishing by going to the starting room and searching. There's a path.
    • It's tough to get lost. Only a couple of places where you legitimately have two choices (it's a stretch to say even that). The rest are brief walks that sort themselves out pretty quickly.
    • Search sarcophogi and coffins to either spawn a critter, get some loot, or have random stuff happen (quake, poison, etc)
    • You want a skull, horn, and basilisk. You'll find them on critters. Put them in doors to proceed. You can save extras to use on your next run, too.2016 update - skeleton, ghoul and lich. 2019 update - same.
    • If you want to go backwards through doors, you'll want a claw, fang, and serpent.
    • The other things that look like they might open doors (hoof, drake, horse, etc.) appear to be useless.
    • I don't know what to do with the room with discs, but apparently you can't use it if you're less than three people. It comes up early. If you end up there, go out, go north, put your skull in that northish door, and keep going that way. The disc room leads to death or injury.
    • If it's a door/passageway/tunnel/stairway/whatever and doesn't have a spot to put something in, it's probably trapped. Apparently 408 works, but I haven't been able to disarm that way. Volners, use sym trans so you don't get killed or maimed. If in a group, only the leader gets killed/maimed. Bring herbs.
    • A dead end is probably a place where you're supposed to JUMP. You do a lot of jumping in the middle part of the necropolis.
    • In the gondola, you want to be going northish. n ne ne n n seems to be the quickest route. You're at the end when you see a dock. Go dock. To be clear: going "n" once requires entering "n" 2-3 times.
    • When you have to kneel - don't stand up til you go through the second fissure. It'll bonk your head hard (potentially rank 2 head wounds, I think).
    • PRAY at the luukos statue. That sets up the boss fight. Lots of HP (but 711 works just fine :-). Grab the ruby eye the harb drops and put it in the door. That gets you to the heart room.2018/2019 Update - fight the Big Bad when you infuse heart 6 times. Each time costs you one spirit
    • Sepulcher for new heart, mote for upgrading your heart. Search the sepulcher and then rummage it to rotate through the choices I think. If in a group, only one at a time should work the sepulcher so you don't both accidentally end up with the wrong type of heart. (I take no responsibility for being wrong here and you messing up your choice.) 2018 update - no more hearts
    • Your options for a new heart are 3x/day 211, 712, 2606, or 313. 1606 is the only one of those that doesn't show on loot-found scrolls, and it's awesome. When you use your heart there's a chance that it, and random things you're wearing, will become cursed. If that happens, you'll also get four rounds of crits directed at you.
    • Upgrade is to 4 max charges and 360 min per charge instead of 480 min per charge, less chance of being cursed, and different activation messaging. Heart is likely to be further upgradable in the future.
    • You can only pray for the boss monster every two hours. If you get to the boss monster room and can't pray to spawn it, you may be SOL sitting there for a while. (If you go with a group, you can all pray and all but one will have a spare eye to get out of a situation like that.)
    • There are hounds breathing fumes. Get purify air if you can.
    • Toughest non-boss critter is the dragoon, which always comes in with a warhorse. It doesn't show up very often. It seems to always have uncommon weapon/armor. It can swing at 725 or so. (in the top-level instance)
    • Chimeras have a scorpion tail cman that can put you prone and stunned. (in the top-level instance)
    • Something boils but I forget what. (in the top-level instance)
    • Lots of undead, and a lot of it is non-corp. (in the top-level instance)

2016 Update hearts, ethers, essenses, spirit
    I haven't done most of this myself, so I don't have all the details. This is what I've gathered from others.
    • Max number of charges is 5x/day. If you already have that, grab yourself a new 3x/day heart instead.
    • Prismatic ether (T5 prize, or 2500 simucoins) can uncurse your heart. I believe that permanently turns it into a ball of ether or some such. It's weightless, or nearly weightless, or something like that, I think.
    • Prismatic essense (T5 prize, no simucoin purchase) adds a charge to your heart, letting you "make up" a missing year.
    • You can uncurse as many hearts as you like.
    • You can take any number of uncursed hearts through the "ending" scene. I guess it's in that rift just past the exit.
    • The ending scene adds an additional function to your uncursed heart - it lets you infuse a spirit point into it once per day, and then "withdraw" the stored points later.
    • The size of your heart's "spirit bank" is equal to the heart's number of charges per day.
    Last edited by Goat; 10-26-2019 at 02:10 PM.
    [LNet]-GSIV:Glaves: "Dergoatean is swedish for Stillfront"