Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So uhhh..

Default So uhhh..

When the hell is animate dead coming out?

2. Default

Originally posted by kheldarin
    When the hell is animate dead coming out?
    Give the gm a break. He just went through like what 3 or 4 hurricanes?

He's still an employee.
    Razzle them. Dazzle them. Razzle dazzle them.

Actually, he's a very poorly paid volunteer like most GMs, I'd imagine.
    Pagans are resourceful. We sacrifice our idiots. List of candidates continuously updated.

Volunteers do not get paid.

I can't call the "pizza money" that GMs are given "getting paid", really. It doesn't come anywhere near compensating them for their time. Most of them do this because they love the game. You can call them employees if you want to. I think of them more as volunteers.
    Pagans are resourceful. We sacrifice our idiots. List of candidates continuously updated.

That's the beauty of the Simutronics scheme. They are (primarily) staffed by volunteer workers to whom they incur virtually no overhead. This works out especially well for them, because when they are (always) late on projects, people will defend the company by saying, "Don't yell at them, they are just volunteers". Simu has it good- workers who will work for a pittance and some game goodies which costs Simu nothing, and a customer base who can't yell at Simu for not getting things done because the employees who are responsible are volunteer.

That's why, IMHO, Simutronics isn't a real business, and never will be. They have no accountability.
    Originally posted by Wezas

You're damn right. I'm fugly looking and I'm not going to subject you people to it.

Do volunteers always sign contracts?

Sorry, I didn't mean volunteers. They aren't volunteers, they are independent contractors. The rest of what I said applies, though.
    Originally posted by Wezas

You're damn right. I'm fugly looking and I'm not going to subject you people to it.

They sign NDAs, not employment contracts, as far as I know. An NDA is an agreement not to disclose and not to compete. It is not an employment contract, per se.