Thread: Disarming

Default Disarming

I know 3x lockpicking+ is needed for rogues to open end game boxes, but I rarely hear about disarm traps. Could a warrior with 2x disarm and perception get most boxes while leveling up?

Quote Originally Posted by Allizar View Post
    I know 3x lockpicking+ is needed for rogues to open end game boxes, but I rarely hear about disarm traps. Could a warrior with 2x disarm and perception get most boxes while leveling up?
    I would say yes. At the very least you should be able to see them.

ETA: I forgot to say; if you're using self cast 404 then yes. Just 2x in disarming traps without 404 could be tricky.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 10-17-2014 at 06:16 PM.

3. Default

I did 2x disarm training with my warrior a while back. I could see most of nelemar boxes. Every once in a while I would miss a very high one and well bad thing happened when I whacked em. It's doable but not totally fail safe. As for disarming them, I could get a lot of them disarmed. But again .. some of the bigger ones were out of reach. This again is for lvl 100 boxes. Might be better lower levels.

I capped at 1x perception/1x disarm and could at least see any box traps until a small chance to miss Scatter boxes.

2x perception/1x disarm you should have no issues seeing them and can disarm or bash through most, once you know your limits and what traps do what.

I'm sure 2x/2x is the same but you get a few more boxes. One day!

Quote Originally Posted by Roblar View Post
    I capped at 1x perception/1x disarm and could at least see any box traps until a small chance to miss Scatter boxes.

2x perception/1x disarm you should have no issues seeing them and can disarm or bash through most, once you know your limits and what traps do what.

I'm sure 2x/2x is the same but you get a few more boxes. One day!
    Is that with self cast 402/404?

No that was just from the skills, and capped dex and intuition (for a giantman).

404 helps most now get a few more traps but the main thing is to see them and 1x and definitely 2x perception will let you do that (have never had less than 1x disarm so not sure if you can get away with all perception), so you can decide how to proceed. At worst, it'll reduce the boxes you need picked by bashing untrapped ones, plated, acid on lock ones, cloud (if you hit it once somewhere remote), etc.

Arcane scroll skill will help disarm higher glyph and scarab traps then your other disarm limits.